Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyno chart after Little Lunati cam swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dyno chart after Little Lunati cam swap

edward lancaster.jpg

What do you guys think. Car has ported throttle body, Spectre CAI, Pypes LTH, And Rick's Low lift Little Lunati. Unbalanced exhaust, cat/mid muff delete, stock mid pipe, solo axleback.

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad but it is not about numbers but track times. Mine was a bit less HP but from the seat of my pants i could fell a pretty big difference. The torque was almost exactly the same as mine.
    G8 GT K & N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam 219/223 .625/.625 DOD with LS3 valves , LS7 lifters, BTR SKOO1 springs, 7.425 Comp cam pushrods & SLP UDP. AC tensioner upgrade.

V6 Spectre CAI, Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norton13 View Post
    Not bad but it is not about numbers but track times. Mine was a bit less HP but from the seat of my pants i could fell a pretty big difference. The torque was almost exactly the same as mine.
    It ran a best of 12.89 at 112MPH 2.09 60ft. Felt like it wasnt launching hard at all. No wheels spin off the line even with no track prep.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar cam spec'd by Pat G (218/224 .600/.600 113+2) and my numbers are 407/395. So I'd say your numbers are just fine. You have a little more HP than me but I don't have a ported throttle body.
    2009 MSM G8 GT w/ Sport and Premium Package
    19" Summer Tires / Onyx Leather / No Roof
    Mods: Pat G Cam 218/224 .600/.600 113+2, Rotofab, Pat G Dyno Tune, Corsa Catback, Morimoto 35w 4500k HID, Kicker KX250.2 amp, 12" Kicker Comp subwoofer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edrooney View Post
    It ran a best of 12.89 at 112MPH 2.09 60ft. Felt like it wasnt launching hard at all. No wheels spin off the line even with no track prep.
    Yeah it should obliterate the tires, you're probably choking it with that exhaust. Also, the ls3 valves and head milling makes a big difference and does not look like you have that.

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the track last weekend with slicks and had the same result. Fastest was 12.96 Felt like it was falling on its face off the line again. Is the dyno chart supose to spike like that at low rpm? Or is it suppose to be smooth the whole way up? I have a feeling its. the tune. It smells rich at idle wich also makes me think its the tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the tune. Both ECM and TCM.

Post Thanks / Like

PatG did the tune on the dyno. They couldnt get my O2 sensor out to pipe read the A/F ratio so they just clipped it to the back of my exhaust pipe. Dont know if that might have affected something. I dumped so much money into this thing to do it rite, Im really starting to get frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like

PatG did the tune on the dyno. They couldnt get my O2 sensor out to pipe read the A/F ratio so they just clipped it to the back of my exhaust pipe. Dont know if that might have affected something. I dumped so much money into this thing to do it rite, Im really starting to get frustrated.
    My thought would be to go to pat, tell him what it's doing, and see what he thinks....

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

That affects it, yes. Any air leaks between your exhaust port and the tailpipe will throw it off. I usually see a .5 difference.