Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Wrapping up LSA install some last minute plumbing questions (help)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wrapping up LSA install some last minute plumbing questions (help)

Like stated in the title wrapping up the install and have some questions on wrapping up the vacuum and evap lines.

I think I have the evap handled I bought the hard line to go from the solenoid to the line on the firewall. I don't like how the LSA hard line fits so I think I'm just going to use standard rubber hose to clean up the install.

Big question is what should I do with the breathers on the valve covers and the line coming from the valley cover. I have seen some diagrams with catch cans but and recommendations if I don't have a catch can?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

another dumb question....how many people are still running the plastic impact barrier in the front bumper. I need to mock up the large heat exchanger and all the pictures I can find has the metal guard hacked and no mention of the plastic going back on.....Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a catch can (yet) but just have the breather lines running as they were before.

I did not return the crash pad to my bumper.

As for that black plastic hose connector between the throttle body and the pulley, i have that removed and a plate sealing the hole underneath it.
    LS3 - Livernois 1C cam - Joker ported LSA - Vaporworx - e85 - 2.55 upper / stock lower

PB: 1.63 60' 10.51@133

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    another dumb question....how many people are still running the plastic impact barrier in the front bumper. I need to mock up the large heat exchanger and all the pictures I can find has the metal guard hacked and no mention of the plastic going back on.....Thoughts?
    My HE is mounted behind the impact bumper. I have no washer tank now.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to dig into it this weekend...I have a pretty big HX and I would prefer to keep the water resi if at all possible.

Can anyone post better close ups of there vacuum and occur routing....seems to be about the only think really missing from the lsa swap threads

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you get the hose that connects the brake booster to the front snout

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider095 View Post
    Where did you get the hose that connects the brake booster to the front snout
    I think it's the stock ctsv or zr1 hose

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the valley cover with the vent but both of my valve cover vents are going to a catch can. I would recommend Mighty Mouse if you want to add one. You really need the vents with the blower. I'd drill out the check valve in the driver's side too so it will be the full diameter of the tube as you'll need all the venting you can get, especially if you are running much boost. I didn't have enough venting early on with a Maggie and the front seal ate a groove in my balancer and it started leaking after a few thousand miles.
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks pretty nice, you should get insurance for it though, cause anything self-made has its limitations and possibilities. I'm one of those people that get insurance for anything and everything, I might be paranoid, but it helped me a few times in my life so I'm not going to give up on this habit that I made. It also made me learn some quite useful tricks to finding the best insurer out there. I can recommend some out there if you are interested, especially regarding plumbing insurance coverage cause that's my field of work.
    Last edited by Ciceniss; 12-31-2020 at 03:39 AM.