Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Volant cai. who has one?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Volant cai. who has one?

curious on those who use the Volant cai if you removed the top box lid? the part that covers the filter. THe intake sound sounds louder with the lid off. Curious maybe if the lid is on if its more restrictive?

Post Thanks / Like

I've always left mine on. I did a version of the "front panel mod" and opened up the honeycomb section on the driver's side bumper grill - the section near the fog light - with the intent that there will be more of a ram air effect into the Volant intake tube.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalabil View Post
    I've always left mine on. I did a version of the "front panel mod" and opened up the honeycomb section on the driver's side bumper grill - the section near the fog light - with the intent that there will be more of a ram air effect into the Volant intake tube.
    sounds interesting. i will check that out this weekend and see. it just seems the intake opening of the airbox seems small and restrictive. Can you post some pics of your front panel mod? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalabil View Post
    Any performance gain? I'm thinking of getting a Volant intake also.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a Volant intake as my first CAI for the G8.. Very restrictive intake. I highly recommend purchasing the Amsoil dry filter that will fit in there. The Volant filter sucks donkey ass!

Remember with the lid off you will pull in the hot air from the engine bay. Personally I would keep it sealed with a more breathable dry filter.

This was years ago before I purchased the VCM
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Have a Volant that I got from 4wheelonline. I didn't notice tremendous hp gain though there's an improvement in throttle response and sound.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a K&N cai, which I am not happy about. I do not like the sound, plus I noticed the gas mileage decrease when I had it installed. Now plan swapping to Volant, as I've heared a lot of good things about these cold air intakes.