Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possible move to phoenix area

Post Thanks / Like

Default possible move to phoenix area

I should change the title of this thread to Moving to Chandler. Signed the papers today on an apartment Biscayne Bay.

My wife finally received her start date. She starts on June 16th. We are leaving Indy on the 9th right after closing on the house.

Still need to finalize how we are are moving. We have several quotes from movers and a pod type move.

Still need to finalize shipping the G8 down.

Still need to finalize my job in Chandler. Sent them another email to setup an interview for the week of the 12th. I told them I was ready to start working on the 16th. I am pretty sure that we can work something out. I am not to worried,everything else has worked out so far so.

Was thinking of buying a truck when I get there,but now looking at a Jeep.

I took a temporary job this week. I am actually having fun there,even though it is very physically demanding at times. I am working for a company that rents shoring equipment,pumps and generators. It is nothing that I have ever done before. It is really great just going to work and not having to worry about anything. I pressure wash the equipment when it comes back and build the mod boxes per customer orders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by travis gore; 05-06-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

2. Likes Bill Brollier, MongosG8, STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    I should change the title of this thread to Moving to Chandler. Signed the papers today on an apartment Biscayne Bay.

My wife finally received her start date. She starts on June 16th. We are leaving Indy on the 9th right after closing on the house.

Still need to finalize how we are are moving. We have several quotes from movers and a pod type move.

Still need to finalize shipping the G8 down.

Still need to finalize my job in Chandler. Sent them another email to setup an interview for the week of the 12th. I told them I was ready to start working on the 16th. I am pretty sure that we can work something out. I am not to worried,everything else has worked out so far so.

Was thinking of buying a truck when I get there,but now looking at a Jeep.

I took a temporary job this week. I am actually having fun there,even though it is very physically demanding at times. I am working for a company that rents shoring equipment,pumps and generators. It is nothing that I have ever done before. It is really great just going to work and not having to worry about anything. I pressure wash the equipment when it comes back and build the mod boxes per customer orders.

Congratulations! We just drove back over the weekend. Not bad, really. Hope to see you down there in the fall.

PBM #608 of 888 -- All Stock!

4. Likes travis gore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wishing you all the best to you and the wife Travis.

One of my high school buddies moved out there years ago and never looked back. He has been telling my wife and I that we should go visit.
    He absolutely loves it and one thing he says ..he hasn't had allergies or asthma problems ever since he moved out there.

Best of luck on your new endeavors!
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

6. Likes travis gore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an update. We made it on June 11th. It is fucking hot! Finally was able to get the movers to show up on the 25th. Still looking for a job right now. I hope to make Scottsdale Cars and Coffee this Saturday

2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    Just an update. We made it on June 11th. It is fucking hot! Finally was able to get the movers to show up on the 25th. Still looking for a job right now. I hope to make Scottsdale Cars and Coffee this Saturday

Congrats Travis!!

Yeah my buddy who lives out there said he actually cooked an egg on his sidewalk its been that hot out there.

Best of luck finding work Travis! .. Im going through the same thing right now trying to find employment.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"