Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Rear spoiler clips!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rear spoiler clips!!!

I've got a SV6 spoiler on the way so I'm beginning the process of learning how to take the stock one off. I took the nuts off the stud bolts on either side and even have most of the adhesive tape separated between the spoiler and the deck lid. But, how in hell do you get those damn five clips out/off?!?! I don't even care if they get broken but I don't want to just yank up on the spoiler hard enough to do that for fear of the sheet metal around the holes being pulled up/bent. I've tried snaking needle nosed pliers in those weird/cramped places to compress the prongs, snips to just cut them off, etc., but try as I might I can't get anything in there and on the clip prongs and there is not enough space to get two fingers around both sides at one time to squeeze them together. Any great suggestions???
    2009 SRM GT: Cortex tuned, Spectre Intake, VMAX ported TB, Solo HFC's, X-pipe, Solo axle-back, a few bling pieces under the hood, Billet Custom catch can, Holden radiator cover, "SV6" wing spoiler, GXP diffuser, rear window roof spoiler, "PONTIAC" 3rd brake light insert, Holden V8/6.0 Liter badges, Holden chrome trunk strip, VG shark fin, All-Fit Auto lower front lip, drilled & slotted rotors, painted calipers, Ultra-guage, custom-made "dead pedal".

Post Thanks / Like

I broke my spoiler getting it off. The trunk didn't receive any damage. They are buggers.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else have some great ideas/suggestions? I know a fair amount of people have done this removal before. I'm usually pretty damn handy and inventive but these clips and the super-hard-to-access spots they're in have got me scratching my head after several frustrating attempts at getting them to release!
    2009 SRM GT: Cortex tuned, Spectre Intake, VMAX ported TB, Solo HFC's, X-pipe, Solo axle-back, a few bling pieces under the hood, Billet Custom catch can, Holden radiator cover, "SV6" wing spoiler, GXP diffuser, rear window roof spoiler, "PONTIAC" 3rd brake light insert, Holden V8/6.0 Liter badges, Holden chrome trunk strip, VG shark fin, All-Fit Auto lower front lip, drilled & slotted rotors, painted calipers, Ultra-guage, custom-made "dead pedal".