Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartbeat Magnuson Supercharger Build

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heartbeat Magnuson Supercharger Build

Well, I finally decided to run with a Heartbeat. Ordered it last week, its the Chevy SS kit with a few parts from VCM Austria to work with the G8. Looking for options on the CAM designed for a blower application, DOD kit arriving today from PACE, Special LSA heads from Lingenfelter coming soon. Some things I'm starting to consider, New bigger catch can, better supporting mod trans cooler that has a fan. My PCFORLESS probably will not cut it. Has anyone done the heartbeat? I will be doing this myself, so advice is appreciated. Hoping to create a video to share on the install. The car has 50k on it.

2. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!! Post the build!!!
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your going to have fun with this build. When I got my CAM from Rick he told be that there is not an actual "blower CAM" per say. I went with his suggestion and could not be happier. Ask him what would be best and I'm sure he will set you right.
    Good luck on the build and like Henry said, keep up posted.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

You will fail. Only Livernois can do a Heartbeat on a G8. It costs $20k.

6. Likes TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Dislikes Chewy disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the support. I'm hoping to have all my parts in hand the end of March. Just ordered the firestorm fuel pump from Livernois yesterday. Not sure if I'll need a BAP just yet was hoping that the tuner will let me know where the duty cycle is before I make this call. Would you agree with this thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    Congratulations!!! Post the build!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Sounds like your going to have fun with this build. When I got my CAM from Rick he told be that there is not an actual "blower CAM" per say. I went with his suggestion and could not be happier. Ask him what would be best and I'm sure he will set you right.
    Good luck on the build and like Henry said, keep up posted.
    Thanks Kermit. I will reach out to Rick. I was looking at the Lingenfelter GT9 or the GT14 CAM, but still trying to understand my options. Tuesday Tech Talk has been informative and Brian Tooley makes sense on how he explains this stuff. I'm kind of set on going to a LSA CNC head from Lingenfelter as well. Once I have all the parts in hand will be starting the video production of the build in April / May. - Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    You will fail. Only Livernois can do a Heartbeat on a G8. It costs $20k.
    Unavowed, thanks for the encouraging words. I'm not thinking this is going to be a cake walk. You are really close on the cost, this is one of the reasons for the DYI. I'm blessed with having supportive family members in the business that will help me along. - cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, my post was sarcasm. Here is my story: @ 4 years ago when the HB first came out, I knew I wanted one. I did my research for @ a year or so. After seeing that a kit was available for the SS I contacted Livernois. All I wanted was the parts. I was going to have it installed and tuned locally. After a bunch of back and forth Livernois said that they would have to do the install in house, they would NOT just sell me the parts, and the cost was $20k. Now, this wasn't my first rodeo with doing a big build. When I called them on their BS, they stated that due to "proprietary information" that was the only way to make it work. I then forwarded all of my emails directly to Magnuson, followed up with a phone call. Even the folks at Magnuson were at a loss to explain Livernois position. There is no way to take a $7k blower to $20k. There just isnt. Livernois wouldn't break down the costs for me and Magnuson could explain them either. Lucky for me at the same time I was also pushing AGP to test fit their Camaro twin turbo kit on a G8. It all worked out in the end. $13k for a fully built 417 stroker + $7k for the AGP TT kit > $20k for a blower on a stock motor.
    To the OP, I'm pulling for you. I hope you can accomplish what I couldn't. And I hope that it doesn't cost anywhere near $20k. Just look at the pricing of the HB on other platforms. So, in closing, my first post was sarcasm, I hope the OP makes it work, and Livernois will never get a penny of my money and I discourage anyone from doing business with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Just to clarify, my post was sarcasm. Here is my story: @ 4 years ago when the HB first came out, I knew I wanted one. I did my research for @ a year or so. After seeing that a kit was available for the SS I contacted Livernois. All I wanted was the parts. I was going to have it installed and tuned locally. After a bunch of back and forth Livernois said that they would have to do the install in house, they would NOT just sell me the parts, and the cost was $20k. Now, this wasn't my first rodeo with doing a big build. When I called them on their BS, they stated that due to "proprietary information" that was the only way to make it work. I then forwarded all of my emails directly to Magnuson, followed up with a phone call. Even the folks at Magnuson were at a loss to explain Livernois position. There is no way to take a $7k blower to $20k. There just isnt. Livernois wouldn't break down the costs for me and Magnuson could explain them either. Lucky for me at the same time I was also pushing AGP to test fit their Camaro twin turbo kit on a G8. It all worked out in the end. $13k for a fully built 417 stroker + $7k for the AGP TT kit > $20k for a blower on a stock motor.
    To the OP, I'm pulling for you. I hope you can accomplish what I couldn't. And I hope that it doesn't cost anywhere near $20k. Just look at the pricing of the HB on other platforms. So, in closing, my first post was sarcasm, I hope the OP makes it work, and Livernois will never get a penny of my money and I discourage anyone from doing business with them.
    Hi Unavowed, thanks for your explanation. Magnuson did mention Livernois name a few times. I did reach out to them and received a detail itemized quote but the labor cost was too high for me. The shop does have many advantaged and feel their tuners are good at what they do, but the price was just too rich for my blood. I total understand their need to lock down their tune and I hope my tuner has the knowledge to make the car sing once it's completed. The cost will be slightly over half once its all said and done. BTW your car is quick with a great setup.
    Cheers

12. Likes Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love for you to post their quote here. I'm sure it would be a learning experience for many.