Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartbeat Magnuson Supercharger Build

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    Contact ADAM cooper from ace performance he was the first to do one on the g8 and he also sells the parts
    Thank You I will reach out to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Ice View Post
    . Magnuson said they should get the G8 adapter kit from Austria this week,

so , what parts are in the g8 kit that are different from the SS ??
    Hi Black_Ice, from what I'm told there is a bracket for the power steering reservoir, and a pulley setup pre 2012 for the Commando VE that fits the G8 my water pump inlet is on right side.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=To the OP, sorry to take this dump in your build thread. I wish you all the best with it. It will be a monster when it's finished.[/QUOTE]

No worries, you sound like a passionate guy trying to inform others.

Regards,

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Magnuson gave me bad news today that my parts will not be here until March 28th now, then shipped out from California after that. It's gonna really cut it close to my installer windows schedule. I hope I can get this done before his busy season begins.

Post Thanks / Like

Receive new rockers and HB.....getting closer to the build date.

20170329_225323.jpg20170329_232841.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Can not wait to see this beast when you are done

Post Thanks / Like

Weekly update:
    Still waiting on the correct size belt from Magnuson, and found out the tensioner pulley was incorrect as well (for an LH inlet water pump). Rather than having them send me the right tensioner for a RH setup, I decided to just buy a new pump. There are a few reasons for this, but basically, I like the appearance better for the HB having the inlet on the left hand side. I'm a little behind on this project, but doing a lot of data mining to ensure a smoother build. I ordered the fuel pump access panel yesterday to gain access. I'm looking to start on this sometime next week. Does anyone have advice on what they used to cut out this hole, any pitfalls? fuel panel.png

Post Thanks / Like

Picture of Charger. chager r.png

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mooredata View Post
    Weekly update:
    Still waiting on the correct size belt from Magnuson, and found out the tensioner pulley was incorrect as well (for an LH inlet water pump). Rather than having them send me the right tensioner for a RH setup, I decided to just buy a new pump. There are a few reasons for this, but basically, I like the appearance better for the HB having the inlet on the left hand side. I'm a little behind on this project, but doing a lot of data mining to ensure a smoother build. I ordered the fuel pump access panel yesterday to gain access. I'm looking to start on this sometime next week. Does anyone have advice on what they used to cut out this hole, any pitfalls? fuel panel.png
    Air nibbler or aviation shears.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Air nibbler or aviation shears.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Thanks STL_G8GT, Do you know what the gauge is on the floor board? Is it a galvinized steel? I see a Harbor frieght Nibble that says it cuts 14g is this enough?

thanks again.