Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superchips F5 Flashpaq 2845

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Superchips F5 Flashpaq 2845

Just got my Supperchips F5 Flashpaq 2845 delivered today, i'll be doing the tune this weekend. I'm looking for some advice on settings. My G8 is my DD, but i also want more HP and give it some attitude, and at the same time good for my wife! So here is what i'm thinking:

91 performance VCM cai tune.
    Transmission presser at 25%.
    AFM set to off.
    Magnaflow Axle Back (is there a setting??)
    Rev & speed limiter Stock
    Shift points Stock
    Fan Stock

Any Suggestions?
    Last edited by Dave GT; 12-23-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    O9, G8 GT... Premium and Sport Pkgs
    VCM cai, BMR front & rear swaybars, front BMR swaybar end links, Magnaflow Axle Backs 16883, F5 Flashpaq 2845 - 91 Performance Tune, AFM off, and TM 50%. Holden V8/6.0 quarter panel Badge, Pontiac front & rear arrows with Holden lion insert (black & chrome), drilled/slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

There's not a setting for axlebacks. Just go to Superchips site and dl spark, or whatever they call it now, and update the tuner and the buy the cai tune of your choice, they're cheap, and then plug it into obd2 port and follow directions. Mines a dd too and I'm using 50% on torque since I very seldom do wot and I let everything stock except the speed limiter, which I have no idea what top end would be.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas.....

I installed the tune over the weekend, all was good except for one thing.
    So i updated superchips, then did my tune, all was good. Then went back and updated superchips again to get the VCM (cai) add on. The only 2 things there was the extended warranty and to buy a vin un-lock, No CAI's at all. Did i miss something?
    VCM cai, BMR front & rear swaybars, front BMR swaybar end links, Magnaflow Axle Backs 16883, F5 Flashpaq 2845 - 91 Performance Tune, AFM off, and TM 50%. Holden V8/6.0 quarter panel Badge, Pontiac front & rear arrows with Holden lion insert (black & chrome), drilled/slotted rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you missed something. Let me get on my comp and run spark and see if I can walk you though it.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I ran spark and it said to plug handheld into comp. then it said it's updating tuner and may take a few minutes. The a screen popped up and it said your device is up to date and had online store and had the remove cai tune and all the tunes that were for sale, vin unlock, etc.. Make sure you have it opened all the way by clicking on the maximize square on top right. If you still can't get there, pm me your phone number and I'll call you and walk you through it.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like what i did, it showed the vin un-lock and warranty to buy. I did make sure the page was all the way open. I will try it again when i get home, I'm at work right now. Did it show a tune for 91 VCM (cai)??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave GT View Post
    That sounds like what i did, it showed the vin un-lock and warranty to buy. I did make sure the page was all the way open. I will try it again when i get home, I'm at work right now. Did it show a tune for 91 VCM (cai)??
    I think it did. It had 4 or 5 different cai tunes and I think VCM was one of them.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that's good. I will give it another try latter tonight. Thanks

9. Thanks -Ray- thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could get updates for the Cortex But Superchips said they no longer support that version.

Nice ..they still sell it but they will not support it.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

You would think superchips would support the people that have Cortex, that's not right!

12. Likes MongosG8 liked this post