Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Trim removal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trim removal

Is there any way to remove the 4 window moulding pieces along the top of each door without breaking any clips? I guess I'm asking is there any kind of special tool or anything made for this?
    2009 W/H G8 GT

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I removed mine once to dip, without breaking most of the clips. It took a lot of time and care, mostly with a flat blade screwdriver. It's not easy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

No special tool I'm aware of but like cstmg8 stated time and care and maybe wrap the end of a small flat blade with a little tape to protect your paint. I removed mine to replace with black ones from Australia. I'm pretty sure you can't get replacement clips so if you break very many you will have to replace the whole moulding. GL
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd go pick up a cheap set of plastic trim removal tools. I got mine at Harbor freight for around $5

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Need alot of patience. don't rush or force it or they'll break.