Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indiana 1/2 Mile - French Lick

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Indiana 1/2 Mile - French Lick

Headed there this weekend. Running Saturday but will need to get going by mid afternoon. Anybody else on here going to be there?

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Have a link with the details? I might go watch, if I'm available to go...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Get some video! I love those events, but they are never around me..
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 GT V8 View Post
    Have a link with the details? I might go watch, if I'm available to go...
    http://wannagofast.com/event/indiana...nway-shootout/

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun Curt. Won't be able to go, but wishing you some great runs!
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sigh

Well here is the story....

After staying overnight in the beautiful French Lick Springs hotel I arrived at the event and started prepping the car. I go to top off the methanol and notice that the fucking meth pump was leaking again. Getting pretty tired of getting that pump rebuilt. Since I paid a lot of money to attend the event as well as the hotel I decide I am going to at least get one run in and keep an eye on the AFR.

Long line to get the run and the car, like all the others is completely heat soaked by the time I get up there. Made my run feathering the throttle as best I could. First time trying a run on an unprepped track. I had a pretty successful run I think and go around to collect my MPH slip. I pull down to where I have my stuff stashed and look at the slip and it shows 119 MPH. WTF? My speedometer showed lots more that that. A couple guys from 1320 Videos came over to chat about the car after the run. Said it ran great and just demolished that BMW. I was way ahead of that BMW. I said the slip only showed 119 MPH. They said no way, that was wrong, the car did 163. They must have gotten the car numbers swapped at the line and the BMW got my MPH. I go to the time slip booth to try to get it straightened out. Of course, they are real busy and said they would try to straighten it out later.

I go back to the car and check the meth system. Still leaking. Check the log, AFR looked decent. Get in line to make one more run to get a good timeslip. During the mini burnout lost power steering and the guy came running over and said my belt was on the ground. Car has thrown the belt once before, so I brought extra belts. They push the car out of the way and I make the long walk down the track and back to get my tools to put the belt back on. Got back and noticed that the tensioner is snapped clean off. SOB. I do not have a spare one of those. Car will not go far without a belt.

At this point I just need to get the car home, so catch a ride to the little parts store in town to try to find a decent match. They do not have anything that will work. Go back to airport and the management kindly let me borrow the crew car to drive to the next bigger town where there are real parts stores. Once there I go behind the counter with the parts guys and start opening all the tensioner boxes to find a close match. Bingo! Found one that looked like it would work. Get back to airport and we work on getting it on and discover that one bolt that holds the bracket interferes with the tensioner. Decide to just go with one bolt. It would get me home since I would just would be babying it.

I got home just in time. The plan was to leave early since my youngest son that is on the autism spectrum decided he wanted to play football this year (this is a great thing). It was parent night where all the parents were going to walk on the field with their kids and be introduced. I was now WAY behind schedule. I drive as fast as I can get by with and traffic and stop lights were kind. I got to the stadium and ran across the field as they were announcing players 10 in front of my son in the line. A victory for me, and him.

So, to summarize:

1. I spent many hundreds of dollars for one run that I did not get a good slip for. I will be checking posted results and videos to find proof of what I ran. Somebody remind me why I do this?

2. Car guys, airport guys, and small town people are really great people. Lots of people assisted here and there and went out of their way.

3. I really need a new truck and a trailer. Unfortunately that will likely not happen until the oldest is out of college and we get him off the payroll.

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

7. Likes Doug Hilliard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible and probably BEYOND frustrating. Sorry for your luck but glad you made it back for your sons event in time.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it was a tough time, but getting to your son's event was what counted! Congrats on the Dad award!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Official MPH was 163.16

9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

11. Likes Doug Hilliard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! That was hauling!
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage