Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An alternative to FE3 struts and shocks

Post Thanks / Like

My problem is we all have different ideas of "poor ride" so people need to detail what they consider to be poor. I like a more European ride, so what I have is decent, but with all the poly, and shitty IA roads, it can get old quickly. It's not that it rides rough, it's that you feel every imperfection in the road. Heck, my '17 Durango R/T can get old for that matter! 20" wheels, low profile tires...

I really like the Eibach and FE3 feel. I think with less poly my car would be great, but man is it fun the way it is and seeing that I'm lucky to put 200 miles on it a year , I have no plan to change it!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhatNext View Post
    See new post on the other board about poor ride with Eibachs/Monroe GTs.
    Found it.
    http://www.g8board.com/forums/7-susp...gt-sports.html

Last night I heard back from a vendor in Australia that ships worldwide. They have the Monroe GT Gas struts designed for FE2 height available (mentioned in my first post), as well as FE3 struts and shocks. I will share more info when I have it.
    Last edited by Executor999; 10-09-2016 at 06:05 PM.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

That thread on the other board is mine. I think I've really narrowed the ride quality issue down to the fact that the rebound of the spring/shock combo is bad. The initial compression of the spring is not the issue, but rather once the wheel has to return back down to follow the road. I can tell in some instances that the wheel is not in contact with the road momentarily. This results in a very loud suspension and a jarring feeling over large bumps and especially broken pavement.

Post Thanks / Like

I was unable to find anyone with the FE3's in stock. I went with Pedders. They are a huge improvement over the worn out stock ones. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for some replacements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Just get H&R coilovers and be done with it.
    What is the highest ride height with H&R coilovers? Their information says it is at least 1" lower than stock and I am worried it will too low for me for daily driver.
    Adam
    White G8 GXP

My G8 GXP photos http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=177ee89f3e
    1. Front bumper parking protection mod
    2. Roto-Fab cold air intake
    3. Doug Thorley triple Y headers
    4. Diablosport Trinity and custom tune

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG8GXP View Post
    What is the highest ride height with H&R coilovers? Their information says it is at least 1" lower than stock and I am worried it will too low for me for daily driver.
    I don't think you'll like the ride of coil-overs for a DD!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I have H&R coilovers and you could certainly DD them. If you set them at their highest, you'll be pretty close to stock height. And if end up not liking them, I bet you'll have no trouble selling them.

Post Thanks / Like

Pedders coilovers are also a option. And they have a warehouse with stock back in the states again.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS