Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: G8 6CYL. transmission finds a neutral at traffic lights ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink G8 6CYL. transmission finds a neutral at traffic lights ?

Description: - seems that once all warmed up, while waiting at a red light the transmission can't make up it's mind what gear it's in, once you take your foot off of the brakes. (Just had it flushed too, in case it was dirt or low on fluid.)

So it's like this -- sit there take your foot off of the brakes, the car moves a bit , then it feels like it shifts down twice or goes in and out of first. Put you foot back on the brake, sit there a bit and it repeats... any takers on a solution or a diagnosis ?

I was thinking as I flushed the unit, next would be a re-flash (if one can) of the unit that controls the trans. before doing any major work ?

"D"

So It's seems I have a 5L40-E trans. upon further investigation It has been implied that I could have a solenoid problem in the trans. or some sort of degradation of the wire insulation inside... anyone ever have this problem ?
    Last edited by Uplands; 09-14-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked the fluid level with the trans warm? I ran into a similar issue and the trans was overfilled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, just had it flushed, it did it before and after... at the dealer.
    Last edited by Uplands; 09-17-2016 at 01:39 PM.