Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: looking for lock smith st louis mo

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for lock smith st louis mo

I replaced my fob shell and broke the transponder chip so ordered a new one and looking for a locksmith that has a gm scanner to program it...tried several locksmiths to them not being able to do it,I have a guy that can get a scanner from work but he doesn't go back to work till Wednesday and I need it done preferably sooner...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO you just need to call a right locksmith to deal with it. I`ve been also busy with my Acura keys untill i found a locksmith Toronto who got the job done. Just find plenty of them (10 will be great to begin with) and start to monitor whether one of them has programmer for your car. If i remember correctly, programmer is connected with car model and not with the key.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure that you need a locksmith? I thought you could program the keys yourself. (procedure in the owners manual)

Quote Originally Posted by bphelps2727 View Post
    I replaced my fob shell and broke the transponder chip so ordered a new one and looking for a locksmith that has a gm scanner to program it...tried several locksmiths to them not being able to do it,I have a guy that can get a scanner from work but he doesn't go back to work till Wednesday and I need it done preferably sooner...any help would be greatly appreciated.