Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GXP Strut Kit

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What matters most to me is that when these wear out they are going to send me another set, for free, WITH new mounting hardware, WITH a continuing lifetime wear-out warranty, and when those wear out they are going to send me another set, for free, and when...
    Thanks for the "eyeballs on" comparison, makes me almost convinced they are the same as PPVs. I wonder what the process is for proving the gas magnums are worn out? The generic bounce test only shows when the dampers have essentially fallen off the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question! I'm planning on buying the replacement set, mounting them and then returning the old ones with:

1. Monroe dealers have a form that they fill out, a copy attached below. Monroe prefers the dealer list two reasons, choices are listed under Product Defect Key. Fill out the form for the dealer, list #13 Ride and #14 Customer Satisfaction.
    2. My original purchase receipt
    3. My replacement purchase receipt
    4. Required box end flaps
    5. Old Struts/shocks.

Monroe said that I could return them to ANY Monroe dealer who then can administrate the return and credit. I can buy them cheap on rockauto.com, but I can take the old ones and the items listed above to my local OReillys so I won't have to pay freight back to rockauto.com. Oreillys will send the paperwork to Monroe. Monroe will either credit my purchase to rockauto.com or send me a check.

I have similar lifetime warranties on shocks on a couple of my high mileage vehicles (289K miles C1500, 411K miles 4Runner). I have never had a problem taking them back and just putting them on the counter. They switch them out, no questions asked. I've never had a counter person challenge their condition, nor even pull/push on them to test them. It is no sweat off their back. They are probably trained, for goodwill purposes, to take them back no questions asked. After all, if a counter guy gave you shit about old shocks you spent an hour taking off your truck, would you continue to give them your auto parts business? Neither would I. They know that, and they know that it ain't their dog in this hunt, its Monroe's. I mean, who among us has the time to get to this job prematurely and take them off too soon! I know I don't. By the time I get around to doing it they are toast. Yes, some shocks have still been good, but most have been toast. Either condition I've always walked out with free replacements. (It is all a moot point though. Look closely at the form. Minimum requirements only require that: (1) you be the original purchaser, (2) you have the original receipt, and (3) you have a pulse.)
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 09-22-2016 at 09:34 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

The GXP kit I bought a year or so ago from GMPartsDirect.com, the front struts were/are stamped MONROE.
    So I am inclined to agree with TonyKarter on this.
    RacerxG8 - Dean P.
    '08 G8 GT Liquid Red
    Full FE3, BMR BK013 kit (removed TOO harsh for DD), Spyder tails, Shark Fin, Volant CAI, and the rest is stock
    Coming soon: GXP front and rear bits