Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GXP Strut Kit

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to recall, the acdelco PN for the rear shock was 92269786. If this indeed the correct PN, amazon has 10 in stock
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    Still have options.
    I suppose.. every year I get older I get closer to the FE1: "soft ride"!
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    I suppose.. every year I get older I get closer to the FE1: "soft ride"!
    After driving my SS [once in a blue moon]...the G8 feels a bit more...jesus, I am turning into an old man and I'm not 35 yet [for a few more days]
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

4. Likes pokey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait till you get to mid 40's.. I was only 1/2 joking. I was thinking the other day the G8 was getting a little rough on bumps. Saw my first SS in the wild today, a white one. Looked damn nice.. made me think for a second.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked with a couple local dealers..just to see if they misplaced or found a set. They both said #92227682 does not exist and there is no such thing as a "kit".
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

This is what GMPartsdirect says:

Home Search Results For “92227682”
    1 Results For “92227682”
    Refine Results
    Shock Absorber
    Shock Absorber
    Part Number : 92269786
    Discontinued Part
    No Longer Available For Purchase
    Replaces 92227682

Pontiac:
    G8
    RacerxG8 - Dean P.
    '08 G8 GT Liquid Red
    Full FE3, BMR BK013 kit (removed TOO harsh for DD), Spyder tails, Shark Fin, Volant CAI, and the rest is stock
    Coming soon: GXP front and rear bits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyGT View Post
    Just checked with a couple local dealers..just to see if they misplaced or found a set. They both said #92227682 does not exist and there is no such thing as a "kit".
    I just looked and it appears you can still get FE3's from discountoeparts.com. They're about $103 a piece for the struts and a little cheaper for the shocks. PPV's and Monroe severe duty are cheaper on Amazon. The 'kits' were just complete sets put together by venders.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Shocks are NLA under the original FE3 part #. Discontinued
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

After initially purchasing the PPV's I changed my mind and went with Monroe Gas Magnums from rockauto.com. I am returning the PPV's previously bought on Amazon due to the Monroe's having the lifetime wear-out warranty.

Side by side, they appear and measured to be exactly the same and both rears are stamped "Made in Australia" in the very same place. Trace evidence produced from the automatic production process are the same on both. Welding is the same, bespeaking having been cycled through the same automated welding jigs. I held one in one hand, the other in the other hand. They are the exact same product.

As far as the inside parts differing on the two and one out-performing the other: In this day of constant and increasing pressure by upper management to be more efficient and profitable, and accounting's constant pressure to trim investment in and size of inventory on hand it is foolish to assume that Monroe would produce a different product for ACDelco/PPV/GM requiring investment in separate and unique parts. YOU KNOW GM pressured them for a least-cost solution and gave the contract to the lowest bidder. You don't win this contract by producing a one-off variant that increases your costs and bid price. You add that contract to an existing production run of Monroe struts/shocks to increase that volume and incrementally pencil-whip your existing production costs. Then you lay everybody off, and management gets bonuses. Result: same strut/shock. I may be wrong, but until Monroe chimes in with specifics...

Monroe gives theirs a lifetime wear-out warranty. ACDelco PPV does not. Thanks GM. You took a bail-out, but won't offer me one on the PPV's when they wear out? Monroe sweetens the pie further: Their struts come WITH the TTY strut mounting bolts and nuts, and both struts and shocks include the top shaft nut, resulting in further savings. PPVs do not include any additional hardware.

Lifetime wear-out warranty. Hardware. Same product. I don't give a rat's ass if it rides like a FE-2 or an FE-3. What matters most to me is that when these wear out they are going to send me another set, for free, WITH new mounting hardware, WITH a continuing lifetime wear-out warranty, and when those wear out they are going to send me another set, for free, and when...

It was a no-brainer for me.
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 09-22-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    After initially purchasing the PPV's I changed my mind and went with Monroe Gas Magnums from rockauto.com. I am returning the PPV's previously bought on Amazon due to the Monroe's having the lifetime wear-out warranty.

Side by side, they appear and measured to be exactly the same and both rears are stamped "Made in Australia" in the very same place. Trace evidence produced from the automatic production process are the same on both. Welding is the same, bespeaking having been cycled through the same automatic production welding jigs. I held one in one hand, the other in the other hand. They are the exact same product.

As far as the inside parts differing on the two and one out-performing the other: In this day of constant and increasing pressure by upper management to be more efficient and profitable, and accounting's constant pressure to trim investment in and size of inventory on hand it is foolish to assume that Monroe would produce a different product for ACDelco/PPV/GM requiring investment in separate and unique parts. YOU KNOW GM pressured them for a least-cost solution and gave the contract to the lowest bidder. You don't win this contract by increasing your costs and producing a one-off variant. Result: same strut/shock. I may be wrong, but until Monroe chimes in with specifics...

Monroe gives theirs a lifetime wear-out warranty. ACDelco PPV does not. Thanks GM. You took a bail-out, but won't offer me one on the PPV's when they wear out? Monroe sweetens the pie further: Their struts come WITH the TTY strut mounting bolts and nuts, and both struts and shocks include the top shaft nut, resulting in further savings. PPVs do not include any additional hardware.

Lifetime wear-out warranty. Hardware. Same product. I don't give a rat's ass if it rides like a FE-2 or an FE-3. What matters most to me is that when these wear out they are going to send me another set, for free, WITH new mounting hardware, WITH a continuing lifetime wear-out warranty, and when those wear out they are going to send me another set, for free, and when...

It was a no brainer for me.
    Thanks for doing the elaborate research. After reading your posts here and the other board, I am considering the Monroe shocks over the stock PPV shocks, and use them with FE2 springs in order to return my car to stock height and soften up my suspension which is all poly when it comes to bushings.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013