Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pennzoil ULTRA PLATINUM 5W-30 OIL

Post Thanks / Like

Default pennzoil ULTRA PLATINUM 5W-30 OIL

Finally found a great dependable oil that is not crazy expensive and actually can feel a difference when using it. My favorite is still Amsoil but my go to oil is now Pennzoil Ultra platinum 5w-30. Nearly as good as Amsoil but locally sourced easily or off Amazon. It is really clear too. Do some research on Google or Bobtheoilguy.com
    As soon as I put it in my stock lifters stopped making noise. I swear the car runs smoother, idles better, runs 8 degrees cooler on Avg and is a true 7500-10,000 mile oil change schedule. I change when convenient between 5000 and 7500.
    I have since traded in my G8 and n pi w run a tuned 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with performance package. I just recently changed the oil and again it smoothed out the motor and it got a lot quieter. I found deal for 6 qts and a filter with free shipping on amazon for less then 50 bucks. Pep boys has the Platinum which is nearly as good in 5 qt jugs for 33 bucks.
    Just a fyi...
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

2. Likes MongosG8, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh God, Henry is going to see this! LOL
    He told me he would send me a case. I haven't held him to it. Yet. Glad the oil is working for you.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, it the first time I can actually feel and hear a difference. I was impressed when it quieted the stock lifters but when it really quieted the SHO's notoriously busy sounding 3.5 l I was really impressed. In both cars I noticed it smoothed out the motor too. I really like it.
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

5. Likes MongosG8, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used pu before, that's what's in the g8 right now with a top of the line napa filter. Good stuff.

Haven't bought it since the formula changed, however...

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use mobile 1, but I think I'm going to try the penzoil ultra and a pf48e my next change. Walmart has the 5 qt jugs for about $28.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting, I have a different experience with the nat gas oil ...

Been running LS30 in my LSA'd L76 for two years. Decided to do an oil analysis while it was dormant this winter. Drained the oil then realized I didn't have inventory of LS30 I thought I had ... so, filled with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum so I'd have oil in the car to be able to move it if I had to. Move ahead two months, the car has been started few times, bought up to temp on fluids, driven less than a mile. My LS30 arrived, swap it out and, well, filled my pants. The oil that drained out was light brown chocolate milk colored -same as if it had water mixed into it, think what you find in the catch can. Radiator was full, IC rad was full, and just over 8.5 quarts came out exactly what I put in, just oil smell. In 40+ years I've never seen fresh oil come out like this -expected a little darker golden brown, not milk. Since my levels all are good, including drain, I assume it's condensation.

BTW, I let that oil sit weeks and it never separated the water out.

9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^ Was the consistency normal?
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

seemed a bit on the light side, less than a 30 weight. I've never seen oil do that. I was if the crankcase was a 9qt catch can... just didn't separate out. FWIW, I refilled with LS30, car was still dormant, follow same routing and when I pulled a sample, it was normal.
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

11. Thanks Markmsf3 thanked for this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AVIDMOTION View Post
    Finally found a great dependable oil that is not crazy expensive and actually can feel a difference when using it. My favorite is still Amsoil but my go to oil is now Pennzoil Ultra platinum 5w-30. Nearly as good as Amsoil but locally sourced easily or off Amazon. It is really clear too. Do some research on Google or Bobtheoilguy.com
    As soon as I put it in my stock lifters stopped making noise. I swear the car runs smoother, idles better, runs 8 degrees cooler on Avg and is a true 7500-10,000 mile oil change schedule. I change when convenient between 5000 and 7500.
    I have since traded in my G8 and n pi w run a tuned 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with performance package. I just recently changed the oil and again it smoothed out the motor and it got a lot quieter. I found deal for 6 qts and a filter with free shipping on amazon for less then 50 bucks. Pep boys has the Platinum which is nearly as good in 5 qt jugs for 33 bucks.
    Just a fyi...
    It's "very" good oil. That "gas to liquid" technology makes it 99% pure in crude form (it actually looks like water). So when they add the additives - the additives are able to perform better in that "purer" crude environment. What I personally like most are the additives' emphasis on anti wear & keeping the internals "clean." For what I spent on my engine rebuild, supercharger and all the other stuff -- I really want the good stuff.
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Oh God, Henry is going to see this! LOL
    He told me he would send me a case. I haven't held him to it. Yet. Glad the oil is working for you.
    Thanks for the reminder! Just sent a note to the marketing crew about getting this for you.
    2009 G8 GT
    628.5 RWHP on gasoline​ ---> ARH Long Tubes 1 7/8" & full exhaust / Magnaflow Mid Muffler / Cherry Bomb Vortex Mufflers / Magnuson 1.9 / Overdrive "non-cog" pulley system / Ported blower base / 2.70" Pulley / LS3 rockers with Trunion upgrade / Trick Flow x255 cylinder heads / 8-Rib Pulley system / Innovator West 10% Balancer / DOD Delete / Lunati Lifters / Custom CTS-V Patrick G Cam Grind / Wiseco Forged Rods & Pistons / Injector Dynamics 85lbs / 4.25" Air Intake Tube / 102mm TB & MAF Tube / 102mm TPIS Throttle Body / LS7 MAF Card / ZL1 Fuel Pump / JMS Fuel Pump Booster / VaporWorx Controller / B&M Tranny Cooler with fan / Circle-D Heavy Duty Rebuild & 265mm triple Disc Billet Converter / Camaro Tranny Pan/ Eibach Lowering Springs / BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars, LCA's, Control Arms / DBA 4000xs Rotors / Hawks Ceramic Pads

14. Likes -Ray- liked this post