Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livernois Tune

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livernois Tune

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone currently running a Livernois tune on your GXP? I have an A6 with Rotofab CAI and Solo Axle-backs... thinking about *finally* ordering the Livernois tune.

Curious if anyone is still running it and how they like it after all these years?

Thanks in advance.
    2009.5 GXP - PSM #978/1829, #7/18 as optioned (A6/Roof)
    Show: Sharkfin, Leather Console Lid, GXP Trunk Mat, Pontiac Floormats, 35% Tint, Adam's Polishes, LS3 Corvette Covers, PlastiDip Coolant Reservoir and Positive Terminal Caps, Black GM Washer Cap, Autobot Billet Aluminum Oil Cap, TSS Atari & Dash Plaques
    Go/Sound: Michelin Pilot Sport A-S plus, Wheel Locks, Solo Axlebacks w/ 3.5" tips, Full Spare/Jack kit, Reversed Sub Wires

2. Thanks -Ray- thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't order it, just go there and put it on the rollers and let them custom tune YOUR car.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

4. Likes bracketracer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I appreciate the advice and may actually go that route.

However would still like to hear experiences of anyone who is using it.

Thanks.
    Show: Sharkfin, Leather Console Lid, GXP Trunk Mat, Pontiac Floormats, 35% Tint, Adam's Polishes, LS3 Corvette Covers, PlastiDip Coolant Reservoir and Positive Terminal Caps, Black GM Washer Cap, Autobot Billet Aluminum Oil Cap, TSS Atari & Dash Plaques
    Go/Sound: Michelin Pilot Sport A-S plus, Wheel Locks, Solo Axlebacks w/ 3.5" tips, Full Spare/Jack kit, Reversed Sub Wires

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a tune by them, but I don't see how you could go wrong. Especially if you're close enough to drive your car there. I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel and wish I could go there every time they put a new video up.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than being @ 50% more expensive than everyone else, go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

If you take it to Livernois, they're going to lock your ECM. You or anyone else won't be able to tweak the tune if needed. If you need it tweaked, you'll have to take it back to Livernois. I'm not bashing Livernois. They put out some good tunes and do good work. But there are plenty of good tuners out there that don't lock your ECM. Mine was tuned by Livernois when I purchased the car (unknown to me). Then when I did my DOD delete and cam install, I found out my ECM was locked. It was either send them my ECM and pay them to unlock it or just buy a new ECM. FYI, it was cheaper to buy a new ECM and have my VIN re-flashed from Pace.

Ultimately, it's your car and you can do whatever you want with it, but now you've at least got some extra information from myself and other members to help you make an informed decision.
    Mods: Mods: BTR Stage II LS3 cam (225/238 .612"/.585" 113+3), DOD delete, ported/milled heads, Lunati link bar lifters, PaceSetter LT headers, Magnaflow cat back w/ cat delete, 160 t-stat, Rotofab CAI with HSRK, FTI 3600 stall with B&M transmission cooler, cutouts. Powertrain work done at L&S Garage. Tuned by Roshan at Powerhaus Performance, and Sky Watkins.

Visual: Maverickman coilovers - lowered 2" in front, 1.5" in rear, blackout windown trim, badge delete.

Coming soon: 3.27 gears

In-car entertainment: Morel component speaker system in front, Audison bit Ten digital sound processor and multi-channel Alpine amp powering all cabin speakers, dual 12" Alpine Type E's in the trunk powered by a mono Alpine 760. Hooked up at Elite Auto Image - Millersville, MD.

9. Likes edmanet, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricL9 View Post
    If you take it to Livernois, they're going to lock your ECM. You or anyone else won't be able to tweak the tune if needed. If you need it tweaked, you'll have to take it back to Livernois. I'm not bashing Livernois. They put out some good tunes and do good work. But there are plenty of good tuners out there that don't lock your ECM. Mine was tuned by Livernois when I purchased the car (unknown to me). Then when I did my DOD delete and cam install, I found out my ECM was locked. It was either send them my ECM and pay them to unlock it or just buy a new ECM. FYI, it was cheaper to buy a new ECM and have my VIN re-flashed from Pace.

Ultimately, it's your car and you can do whatever you want with it, but now you've at least got some extra information from myself and other members to help you make an informed decision.
    Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond, it definitely has given me some food for thought. I really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Don't order it, just go there and put it on the rollers and let them custom tune YOUR car.
    It is a common misconception that we offer canned tuning. ALL of our tuning even if it is a remote tune is completely customized to that client's car.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmsf3 View Post
    I don't have a tune by them, but I don't see how you could go wrong. Especially if you're close enough to drive your car there. I'm subscribed to their YouTube channel and wish I could go there every time they put a new video up.
    Thank you for the compliment, and you are welcome even if it is just to drool ANYTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by EricL9 View Post

This is also not true. Your ECM is not locked. You are free to revert your ECM and TCM back to their factory files and subsequently replace or alter those files however you wish to. We do not hold anyone's car or factory calibrations hostage as you implied. What we will not allow for is someone to try to use our tune as a base for building their tune. That is SOP for any type of intellectual property. You cannot buy a CD for example, and then write your own song onto it using that artist's song. With our MyCalibrator tuning interface you can change form our custom tuning file(s) to your factory ECM and TCM tuning in a flash (no pun intended).

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a video tour of the shop

12. Likes MongosG8, Markmsf3, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
    What we will not allow for is someone to try to use our tune as a base for building their tune. That is SOP for any type of intellectual property.
    No, it isnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    No, it isnt.
    If it isn't, it should be! I know if I spent hours perfecting something, I wouldn't want someone to take my work and profit from it. MANY software companies don't allow it as well. What Livernois is doing is fine IMO. They're not allowing someone to download and alter THEIR tune, but they aren't locking the ECM/TCM so others will be able to write OVER theirs.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

15. Thanks Livernois Motorsports thanked for this post
    Likes jimmyban, Markmsf3, -Ray- liked this post