Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Best option to be consistent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best option to be consistent

Hey everyone, going to the track tomorrow to do a little bracket racing. I got about 10 passes on the car now and have ranged from a 9.02 to 9.20 (yes it's stock and yes that's 1/8th). What I want to know is all of those times it was is sport mode. Anyone have any experience with manual shifting and being more consistent? I'm just looking ti have fun and maybe get in the money ha ha. Thanks in advance everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Manual mode will not help you be consistent.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Sport mode for consistency. Stock is so consistent in these cars that you really should consider racing it for the money in time-compensated events. My first trip to the track with my stock G8 produced 4 quarter-mile runs within 4/100ths of each other. Yours can too. Concentrate your efforts on leaving the line consistently and driving STRAIGHT down the track, not on shifting. Let the car do the shifting for now. Good Luck!
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 07-30-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.