Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: 3.45 gears or complete Camaro diff?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3.45 gears or complete Camaro diff?

I'd like to do the 3.45 gears

I'm trying to improve on my 60ft and don't have a ton of $$$$ right now to work with.

If I can achieve the same goal with either just the gears or the complete Camaro differential Which is better to go with?

I'm looking at some of the BMR parts as well, cradle bushings, toe rods and trailing arms

And wheel/tire.

Post Thanks / Like

The Camaro Diff with 3.45's has a lot more webbing and is designed differently for what I believe is the stress of the lower gearing and launches. I'd go with a complete diff and if you want, put a better locker/limited slip system in it.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

You can't put 3.45 gears in a stock G8 pumpkin. You can in a Camaro diff though.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StormSG553 View Post
    I'd like to do the 3.45 gears

I'm trying to improve on my 60ft and don't have a ton of $$$$ right now to work with.

If I can achieve the same goal with either just the gears or the complete Camaro differential Which is better to go with?

I'm looking at some of the BMR parts as well, cradle bushings, toe rods and trailing arms

And wheel/tire.

sounds like a well thought out plan. Camaro diff, and while it's out do a bit of Poly (read up on recent poly failures, though. I prefer poly ONLY for bushings under compression. Just my take - a lot of others have done well with it)
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.