Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your opinion on window tinting please

Post Thanks / Like

wait till tomorrow
    Now THAT is funny! I am out of time, tomorrow is here. All those parts can no longer live in my shop. They must finally get mounted and go to work!
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

2. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony, make sure you stay legal. I was getting pulled over every Thursday by a local DPS gent for my lack of license plate. Twice he checked my tint - what a lovely fellow (and you thought I forgot you, Trooper Gonzales!). DPS does carry the tint checker tool (that is NOT a reference to the officer!).
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

You are so right Todd. One of our local guys checked my daughter's tint while she was at the gas pump. She was fine. Sad to know that this is a priority for them, and not real crime. He asked to see her license...while stopped, car off, and at the gas pump...minding her own business with her 2 year old daughter visible and correctly installed in her approved child seat and easily observable by him because the back door was open.

As our last name is Cajun in origin and uncommon in these parts he immediately made the association between her and I and asked her if her Dad drove a G8. She responded that he did. Without any obvious need to do so he went on to tell her that he had recently given me a ticket for doing 93 in a 75.

Gee...WTF about the HIPA privacy laws OCCIFER? Don't they apply to everyone, INCLUDING YOU? Did I give you written authority to divulge my personal business to anyone? By whose authority do you feel that you have the right to go telling what I feel to be my personal business to one of my family members, or to anyone else for that matter? Does your fraternity of brothers not bear enough public contempt (deserved or otherwise) that you can so flagrantly allow your actions to further add to that contempt? MOST IMPORTANT, if you feel that the HIPA privacy laws do not apply to you OCCIFER, what other laws do you feel do not apply to you at your discretion?

I should have stated in my original post that I did not want to get anywhere near the state's tinting limit. I just want to tastefully tone it down a little bit.
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 07-28-2016 at 07:53 AM.
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    As our last name is Cajun in origin and uncommon in these parts he immediately made the association between her and I and asked her if her Dad drove a G8. She responded that he did. Without any obvious need to do so he went on to tell her that he had recently given me a ticket for doing 93 in a 75.

Gee...WTF about the HIPA privacy laws OCCIFER? Don't they apply to everyone, INCLUDING YOU? Did I give you written authority to divulge my personal business to anyone? By whose authority do you feel that you have the right to go telling what I feel to be my personal business to one of my family members, or to anyone else for that matter? Does your fraternity of brothers not bear enough public contempt (deserved or otherwise) that you can so flagrantly allow your actions to further add to that contempt? MOST IMPORTANT, if you feel that the HIPA privacy laws do not apply to you OCCIFER, what other laws do you feel do not apply to you at your discretion?
    Since he is not in the heath care field, HIPA doe not apply to him. He still should have kept his trap shut.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake. They indeed only apply to healthcare. To their credit our heathcare providers definitely take them seriously!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from the "light tint" school. Light enough that it almost looks like the windows aren't tinted. And it keeps Johnny Law (whom I respect, and refer to as Sir- yes Sir, No Sir, Thank You Sir) at bay- and if they DO pull you over for whatever reason, they can see you in the car. Times have changed. Plus it's hard enough to see behind you at night backing up... Here in NH the rule is NO tint left/right/forward of the driver.
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam

Post Thanks / Like

Srry guys that's all bullshit you have to deal with it states with authority complex here in Oklahoma there's no tint law or at least not enforced most all ohp and county cars have very dark tint and why they care in your state makes us all beg the question WTF but to what end . Sounds more like he was hitting on your daughter and trying to impress more then anything and thats truly sorry there's to many drug addicts and drunk driver's to harass to be dicking around gas pumps no pun intended just saying. I say push the limit and just tint. PS it's illegal to tint winshield in any state!!! Be like tinting your headlights really good luck and remember DRIVE FAST

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 52WASP View Post
    I'm from the "light tint" school. Light enough that it almost looks like the windows aren't tinted. And it keeps Johnny Law (whom I respect, and refer to as Sir- yes Sir, No Sir, Thank You Sir) at bay- and if they DO pull you over for whatever reason, they can see you in the car. Times have changed. Plus it's hard enough to see behind you at night backing up... Here in NH the rule is NO tint left/right/forward of the driver.
    Same in Iowa, sucks

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go as dark as you legally can and use quality tint.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Check the tint laws in your area and just choose the darkest tint range.