Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Front Fascia Brace/Lift?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Front Fascia Brace/Lift?

For someone with the ability to do it, I think a simple front fascia brace would sell well. The nose of my front fascia has probably dropped an inch or so, and we've all see the terrible design for support - two push rivets and two bolts. I've seen some people stack washers to raise the mounting points, but I would really like something more permanent than that.

You have a few bolt points (three near the hood latch bracket) that could offer support for a brace of some sort to hold the nose up more instead of letting it droop.

Has anyone looked into this? I can't stand the 3/4" gap (hood to front bumper) near the arrowhead.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

some have suggested using pool noodles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s/c'd cav View Post
    some have suggested using pool noodles
    I saw that... Not really what I want to do ;-)

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i dont really want to either

Post Thanks / Like

If someone tells me what they want or need rough sketch and some dimensions I can make almost anything needed, work for a steel fab shop run 4 lasers and a waterjet and do programming as well. Cut anything from tinfoil .001 to 6" plate can do thicker as well... stainless, aluminum, or mild steel.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

6. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something made with material about the durometer of our stock strut bushings would be beneficial. With nice, wide bearing surfaces.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

I just refit mine after it was painted and it was fine until I removed it for the holden stuff.
    Its tricky to fit everything. But the crash bar needs set perfect to hold the crash absorber in the correct place.
    And if the crash absorber isnt a snug "click" then wax the bar and epoxy the absorber contact spots . also the headlights needed fit, the hood stricker, the fenders. It took me 6hours easy.
    My car was a front lite impact repair tho.

Mine was one of the few well fitted fronts I have seen. Every single g8 I seen but one was a poor fit. The one was close bit not just right.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

9. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Duct tape and bailing wire!
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.

11. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wyome View Post
    Duct tape and bailing wire!
    If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy

13. Likes wyome liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there anybody out there?
    Just knock if you can hear me
    Is there anyone at home?

Jezus, mine's lookin' like I'm wearin' my pants under my ass in the 'hood. Is there anybody out there working on this?
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.