Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: The Germans are attacking!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool The Germans are attacking!

So there I was, making my normal morning commute, just cruising along minding my own business and enjoying having my car back after some recent cosmetic upgrades. Then out of nowhere a pesky bright red Audi A4 (young kid eyeballing me) starts tailing me hard; I get annoyed easy with this as my front bumper just got tagged 3 weeks ago by an uninsured driver so I’m a little over-protective now. So I’m first at the stop light with the German 5 feet off my bumper, I decide to roll hard through first gear to just get rid of my tail. Accomplished, now another German sneaks up beside me on my right at the next light, I look over to see a clean 335i coupe with aftermarket black wheels, I catch the driver trying to figure out what the G is all about, certainly indicating it’s on.

Next, we lock eyes right before the light goes green, I slightly hesitate not to be the douche racing nobody as he throttles down. I roll in hard, my car grabs perfectly on nice dry asphalt and I quickly lunge past the Beemer. Second gear comes up quick with little commotion and I start pulling some more, then I feel the Beemer start inching back once he was in second gear…interesting. Next gear coming up and the G keeps on trucking maintaining that car to a car and a half lead but again the Beemer starts inching back to only a car lead. I pull to an already dangerous ~95mph even for a clear Mexican highway and hit the brakes, Beemer followed suit and starts to roll the window down and he’s smiling. We both throw the thumbs up and start discussing mods. He asks right away if mine is supercharged…nope! I say bolt on car, he goes on to tell me his is a twin turbo, down pipes, intake and tuned. I said that was fun, haven’t got to play on my commute in over a year. So all in all that was a great way to fully wake up for work, we both said see you around and parted ways.

Cliff notes: Annoying Audi causes me to lose tail meanwhile attracting Beemer 335i. Beemer and G8 have a nice, fair dig race to ~95, G8 pulls the win by a car minimum even giving up the light. Beemer had nice potential but possibly in need of driver mod. Thumbs up exchanged.

G8: Full bolt ons, 3.45s/2600 stall best ET (12.46@111.37/1.72 60ft - 900DA)

335i (N54): 06-10 model 3.0L v6 twin turbo, intake, down pipes and tune (3615lbs,300hp/300tq,stock)

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job! I'd love to be a fly on the wall of our competition's forums to see how post-race they characterize their ass-stomping and what they say about our G8s. At least you got a race. I never do. Was riding in the back seat of my wife's Focus with my 3 year old granddaughter the other night as the wife drove us home from dinner. Look over while we are sitting at the light, and in five cars in the next lane there is a debadged Challenger sounding modded with only the side hemi badge remaining, a 2016 Mustang 5.0 with an aftermarket exhaust, it also sounding pretty competitive, and a Challenger R/T. NEVER when I am in my G8...
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

For real, if my girl ever drives my car she always says a mustang/camaro/challenger are trying to race her...nobody while im driving. Yes it would be interesting, then again how often do you think people actually share their beatings vs kills? Like I said I rarely get a race so I've really not lost other than to buddies that you already know with modded G8's, had a C6Z HCI/100shot just freight train me after leaving the track together all in good fun.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of years ago when my wife took Christine* to Florida with her cousin to visit her grandfather. I told her several times, "NO RACING" and "Be careful with the power and braking" because she was driving a suburban at the time. A few months after she gets back we're running some errands and a little Neon or something with a fart can/wing combo zips around the 'burb and she says something about it reminded her of the one she had to put in its place.

'Scuse me?

She smirks and explains that while in Florida there was some kid on the road and revving the engine a little at lights, trying to get her to race. She finally said "screw it, I've had enough of this crap" so she punched it from the next light. The kid stayed behind her for the next mile or so and then turned off the road.

(*Before the cam, so only about 475whp. I'm not sure I'd feel okay with her driving it currently.)
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

I let my wife drive mine one time back in 2009. To work if I remember right. What was I thinkin'.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking you love her!!wife uses our 2009 for daily driver to work and im proud to tell people yea she handles it well and wont hesitate to put other cars messing with her in their place with dark tinted windows they dont know they just got beat by a girl in a g8 AWSOME. Back to the road trip races coming back from Missouri to Oklahoma after vacation a Mercedes is tailing us at 85mph pissing me off i take off to bout 125 putting them way back that was that so i thought looking in the mirror i see them coming land yacht on the prowl so i wait on them of course pulled up beside us taunting us so we take off pulled away 1 car length till bout 110 let out after 4 races im getting boared they pulled up again i look over to see what kinda nut can't figure out they have been beat and i see a younger girl driving (daddy's car) and boyfriend sitting low in passenger side we go again same result look in mirror and here comes Missouri state trooper fast oh SHIT quickly slide into rt lane thinking the worse radar detector not going off thought what did he catch he passes us and keeps going a mile later there's a wreck he's attending wow what a rush !!! But there still here pulled up beside us my wife asked whats that noise the girls got her 535 wound up ! Ok time to wind it up and finish them off ? I look over she's spinning her finger like let's go so i let her get out bout 3/4 car in front of us and took off reeled her in and kept going till 140 they were way way back and it was over great way to end a vacation ps did i mention we had 250lbs of vacation in trunk Germans got punked by Americans AGAIN remember guys okies drive fast!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seprish101 View Post
    Thinking you love her!!wife uses our 2009 for daily driver to work and im proud to tell people yea she handles it well and wont hesitate to put other cars messing with her in their place with dark tinted windows they dont know they just got beat by a girl in a g8 AWSOME. Back to the road trip races coming back from Missouri to Oklahoma after vacation a Mercedes is tailing us at 85mph pissing me off i take off to bout 125 putting them way back that was that so i thought looking in the mirror i see them coming land yacht on the prowl so i wait on them of course pulled up beside us taunting us so we take off pulled away 1 car length till bout 110 let out after 4 races im getting boared they pulled up again i look over to see what kinda nut can't figure out they have been beat and i see a younger girl driving (daddy's car) and boyfriend sitting low in passenger side we go again same result look in mirror and here comes Missouri state trooper fast oh SHIT quickly slide into rt lane thinking the worse radar detector not going off thought what did he catch he passes us and keeps going a mile later there's a wreck he's attending wow what a rush !!! But there still here pulled up beside us my wife asked whats that noise the girls got her 535 wound up ! Ok time to wind it up and finish them off ? I look over she's spinning her finger like let's go so i let her get out bout 3/4 car in front of us and took off reeled her in and kept going till 140 they were way way back and it was over great way to end a vacation ps did i mention we had 250lbs of vacation in trunk Germans got punked by Americans AGAIN remember guys okies drive fast!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Germans are attacking

Video will speak for its self. My 2 runs are at 1:30. The Dig run he started passing me at 120mph. I was pretty impressed. Ran the C5 heads cam intake. TA with bolt ons and heads. The z28 to the far right bolt ons. And a Evo X full bolt ons running E85.