Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To get 20 % off on the SS do you have to take delivery by the 8th?

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the car is understated and good looking. I do not think the bowtie is large in the front. Is it super sporty like a Mustang, Challenger, or Camaro? No. I was considering a scat pack Charger. But I did not care for the one tail light theme in the rear. I did like the front end. They say the suspension on the Charger is still ancient and if you thought the SS was heavy at 4K pounds that is nothing compared to the scat pack at nearly 4.4K pounds. Plus the interior I thought was more classy in the SS. It will be interesting to see if they have a new path after 2017. The impala is nice looking. But front wheel drive and not a large performance sedan. Ford has it's Taurus SHO and Chrysler has the Charger. Will GM have anything?
    2009 g8gt - rotofab cai, ported throttle body & FAST intake, 1 7/8s kooks shorties with 3 inch exhaust. 3600 circle D triple disc stall and tranni cooler, udp, hoosier 17 inch drag radials. 223/235 cam/gmpp Heads. HP Tuners. 416 with 11.3 to 1 compression.

best time: 11.47 @ 118.7 3000 feet da
    best top end 119.4 4000 feet da

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
    Both are easy fixes!
    I know I know. I'm rationalizing. Truthful biggest problem is thinking I'd start the mod train all over again. G8 is paid for and I barely ever drive it... how would the SS be any different? Can't justify a car payment just to have "newer". Plus we're adding 4 rooms at the Inn, and that loan will be generated late this summer, so I'd rather not tack on any debt.

To be clear, though - damn that's a good price on a great car. I keep looking, it's torture.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

3. Likes MongosG8, -Ray-, travis gore liked this post
    VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    I know I know. I'm rationalizing. Truthful biggest problem is thinking I'd start the mod train all over again. G8 is paid for and I barely ever drive it... how would the SS be any different? Can't justify a car payment just to have "newer". Plus we're adding 4 rooms at the Inn, and that loan will be generated late this summer, so I'd rather not tack on any debt.

To be clear, though - damn that's a good price on a great car. I keep looking, it's torture.
    NO MODS! NO MODS! NO MODS! OK, I am cured!!!

That is why you have the old beast to keep on working on.

But the debt is a very valid argument. Especially if you own some type of business which needs expansion.
    2009 g8gt - rotofab cai, ported throttle body & FAST intake, 1 7/8s kooks shorties with 3 inch exhaust. 3600 circle D triple disc stall and tranni cooler, udp, hoosier 17 inch drag radials. 223/235 cam/gmpp Heads. HP Tuners. 416 with 11.3 to 1 compression.

best time: 11.47 @ 118.7 3000 feet da
    best top end 119.4 4000 feet da

5. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    I'm buying a Jungle Green 6M.

Just waiting to finalize with dealer once they're back open.
    Awesome! Looking forward to pics.

I wouldn't mind a JG SS or B5/GM Scat pack Charger.

Also damn USAA usually gives me the cheapest rates. I got like 2.5% on my Mustang. Plus the .25% using car buying and .25% for using auto pay. So it's actually 2%. Sucks because a week or two after I bought it Ford dropped the 0% for 72 months.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
    Awesome! Looking forward to pics.

I wouldn't mind a JG SS or B5/GM Scat pack Charger.

Also damn USAA usually gives me the cheapest rates. I got like 2.5% on my Mustang. Plus the .25% using car buying and .25% for using auto pay. So it's actually 2%. Sucks because a week or two after I bought it Ford dropped the 0% for 72 months.
    Pentagon Federal was excellent for us...
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just picked up a '15 SS with 1600 miles to go with the G8. Some like it hot red.... So the G8 is now paid off. Driving the SS is like driving the G8 with 7 year newer upgrades. Its awesome.
    Bryan---PBM '08 G8 GT
    Rotofab CAI...Kooks 1 7/8 LTH...3" X pipe...Magnaflow axle backs...GRRRR8 Heater hose relocate...Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3... Circle D 3200 stall... tuned by Redline... Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS SLIHR Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo perfomance axle backs... Rotofab Intake... Mobile attractions front splitter

9. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I drove a jungle green today. My wife was more excited then me about it. It did not drive better then the G8. They did find a 6M in Ohio that I could get. I would only buy one with the manual. The bells and whistles are really awesome and the leather feels great.
    Mods? No Mods :-)
    Just do LSA blower with a 6M would be a blast!
    In the end my brain won.
    I still love the G8 and I have no car payment.
    Well that is today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

11. Likes MongosG8, -Ray-, STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ill pick mine up in 2022

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ended up picking up a 2016. Drove out 11/12 hours or so for a manual/spare/roof jungle. Traded off my Cruze (unfortunately I loved that car but it would sit another 6-8 months like it did already)

Drove 800 miles home. Best purchase to date in the car department, but that's to be expected.

I enjoy both models for different reasons.

Couldn't beat the deal either way on my end...price was too good.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

14. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad most of the guys are looking beyond bow tie and realizing its a Holden just like a g8 is. There is always a fix Holden badges all around. SS is a great car and especially with 20% off makes it a bargain of the life time