Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Maximizer exhaust?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maximizer exhaust?

Did a search for them and a thread didn't come up. Found the maximizer exhaust on ebay earlier this year but didn't have the funds to buy...now I'm looking for real and I can't come across them but on one site I've never heard of. I believe they are a OBX renamed but I've read pretty good things about them. Wanted to give them a try but can't find. Anybody have any idea what's going on with that?

Post Thanks / Like

People like them for what they are.
    Don't expect top quality out of them.
    Most people grind and sand the weld sugar out inside and clean up the flanges on the headers. Stuff like that. Some same fitment issues are common.
    You get what you pay for I guess.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

What BuildIt said..IMO if you plan on keeping the car dig deeper in the pocket and get ARH or Kook's.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

4. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Contacted a reseller on eBay and was told they're back ordered. ETA is 30-60 days.

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got around to installing the Maximizer system I bought last year
    Internal welds were fine, flanges looked good.
    Had to trim the lip on the frame, passenger side, the header was hard against it. Just about 1/4 in gives it room to move
    Drivers side two primaries were hard against steering shaft, clearanced that with a BFH
    Hangers for the trans crossmember were in completely incorrect area. I used a couple hose clamps temporary to get down to the exhaust shop and replaced those. Now has the factory rubber.
    I only received 4 bolts, nuts and springs for the header flanges, nothing for the rear connections. I tossed it all and went with new bolts, flange locknuts, and double nuts on top of that. Holding tight after 1500 miles. Also no bolts included for the header to head flanges. I had already bought SS 12 pt locking ones anyhow. Also reused the factory header gaskets as a trial, I have a new set for post LSA install.
    Otherwise bends are good, bungs in proper spot, and butt dyno shows a nice gain over stock. (with Pat G tune)
    1-7/8 primaries into 3 in, steps down to 2-1/2 in just rear of frame support bracket.

Post Thanks / Like

YOu talking axlebacks? I just a set of them last month. Pretty good quality. Its a straight thru design. I get a lot of drone in the 1500-2000 rpm range. its also not as loud as it should be cause i have stock piping but had an X pipe and the resonators removed. Its louder than stock but i dont know what the deal is.

Post Thanks / Like

What's that maximizer? Like a resonator removal thing or something that amplifies muffler sound?
    I'm just curious what would you need it for if you already have a cool catback there?...

Post Thanks / Like

Maximizer/OBX is a header and mid=pipes....