Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am so tired of water leaks...

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am so tired of water leaks...

I've rtv'd the b-pillar corners of the door seals, worked the kinks outs of the sunroof drains, and exhausted the obvious sources, but I cannot stop these fucking water leaks and it's driving me insane. My interior smells odd, I've got a large tub of damp-rid on the rear floor, and every time it rains, the floor behind the driver seat is wet. Right now, the only lead I've got is these two things. There is water in the groove in the weatherstripping on both driver side doors, along the red lines, and drips in the yellow circle under the driver door. There doesn't seem to be any coming down the pillars or through the top of the weatherstripping.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a leak. It will drip a drop every few minutes from the top of the window seal only when it's driving in the rain. I have no idea why. I figured I would reinstall the door seal and window seal one day.
    For you I would say something in the roof gutters or drains is leaking.
    Maybe water backed up and froze and cracked something at one point.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought at first too. But, I've had sunroof drain leaks. They always show up on the top of the pillar covers. I can't find any water above the bottom of the doors this time.

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

That's kinda weird.
    Maybe take all the rubber off and inspect it all. And remember install. I wouldn't use rtv on everything tho. Maybe in a few risky areas but that's it.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

I would remove the door panel and check that the plastic weather sheet is still sealed. sounds like it is leaking by.

6. Thanks J Wikoff thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I would remove the door panel and check that the plastic weather sheet is still sealed. sounds like it is leaking by.
    I was thinking THIS, plus have you replaced or do the outside window seal/trim need replaced? I know this has been an issue for others.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

8. Thanks J Wikoff thanked for this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

The seals have never been replaced. I looked around the door seals and could not find a place where it looked like water was bypassing around the visible sides. That doesn't rule out water getting through on the flange the seals seat on.

Winter-wear:

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Just took a look, and it looks like all the body side door weather strips are discontinued. Does anyone know if or why Chevy SS strips wouldn't work?

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Just took a look, and it looks like all the body side door weather strips are discontinued. Does anyone know if or why Chevy SS strips wouldn't work?
    Take a look at http://gtog8ta.com
    They're also a vendor here.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    We'll the trim is the same. And I believe I seen the lower sil is the same. It's worth a try I would think.
    Maybe try one first.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885