Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: vararam installed finally

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks good in the pics. I'm interested to see the results with the Superchips tune and the Vararam installed.

Post Thanks / Like

very cool! Glad to see they are fully testing them before shipping product around the country!
    2009 G8

Post Thanks / Like

It looks much cleaner than the prototype. Good job Vararam! Now send me mine!! LOL!
    SOLD: 2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6
    Current Vehicle: 1984 Chevy K10 (it's red and redneck)
    New Vehicle: 1972 2wd K5 Blazer. It's being built right now. Link to the build is HERE

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
    - John Henry Boetcker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    This is a latch?

No it is a screw - This is why you guys are still waiting - Mine and yours will have hand turn pins this week. We improvised to check the product on an 09

pissing'n wind = wet face stryker g8gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is like going to the strip joint with quaters in your pocket......It does not get you anything but a hard on!!!!!!!

I would like to see dyno numbers......

V8 Muscle

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stryker g8gt View Post
    This thread is like going to the strip joint with quaters in your pocket......It does not get you anything but a hard on!!!!!!!

Thats one way of putting it! LOL!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately the real gain will not be shown on a dyno unless the car is put in a windtunnel with a dyno and I dont think I can afford to be dynoed there (unless Charlie will pay for it) lol -Any true ram air system needs to have a massive amount of air being shoved in it to show true numbers - im not saying a gain wont be seen but it certainly will not reflect real world conditions - i am getting my car tuned and dyno'd here soon in Houston and will have an extra cortex for sale if anyone is interested - but please dont hijack the thread for that just pm me and we will work something out when my tune is done.

Post Thanks / Like

Not that you couldn't put enough quarters to good use...

Lovin my Mexican V8 The Commodore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be reasonable to say that it should show the same gains as a NEP OTR on the dyno. But on the street/track it will see some better gains.

2009 G8 GT: Stryker Blue, Premium Package, Garage
    Modifications: Vararam Ram Air Intake, VMS PowerFlash, PM-FL no muffler axle-backs, ARH 1 7/8ths header system with cats
    Deciding: Cam in a year?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my newbie question of the day. Since it looks like this is going to be my 1st performance upgrade this year, do I need to have the car tuned or can that wait until after I decide on my exhaust setup?
    My thought is vavaram, cat back exhaust then tune to get beat performance but if I put both of those items on the car will I HAVE to be tuned right away?
    BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100