Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We lost a member a year ago this week... Chris Wells, AKA Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I had no idea we'd lost him! I'd met him in person and he was a super nice guy! I had melanoma going on three years ago and have the scars on my face and neck to prove it. It's not to be taken lightly (not that he did). I go in every six months for check ups and wear sunscreen and a stupid looking hat whenever in the sun. Take care out there guys! Sunburns are BAD!!!

RIP Chris!
    Quote Originally Posted by edmanet View Post
    RIP Chris. Guys please have any spots checked out. I was diagnosed with melanoma almost 6 yrs ago. As of now I'm still cancer free but have had 2 nasty surgeries & have a 4" round crater on my head. I get checked every 6 months. As Chewy stated, Don't take it lightly.

Guys I had no idea. A lot of respect to you both to talk about it ..also Im sorry the two of you had to go through this. Happy to hear your clear and getting checked. God bless!

I have two that my dermatologist wants to test on the back of my neck. Of course its where the sun hits all the time. My wife and barber noticed them the last few years.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

2. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Likes STL_G8GT, Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Guys I had no idea. A lot of respect to you both to talk about it ..also Im sorry the two of you had to go through this. Happy to hear your clear and getting checked. God bless!

I have two that my dermatologist wants to test on the back of my neck. Of course its where the sun hits all the time. My wife and barber noticed them the last few years.
    You need to go yearly as you grow older. Mine looked like nothing! I've had a ton of Basil Cell issues too. I'm a champ with stitches!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

4. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Likes STL_G8GT, MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know about this. Was wondering about him the other day and that I hadn't seen him in a while. Truly was a great member of the board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

6. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Likes MongosG8, STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    You need to go yearly as you grow older. Mine looked like nothing! I've had a ton of Basil Cell issues too. I'm a champ with stitches!
    Now I wish I didnt wait so long .. But I guess its better a little late than never go at all.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

8. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Likes STL_G8GT, Chewy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had no idea that he passed. I remember him participating regularly here and always seemed to be a great guy. He was a very modest guy and you would have never known that he had the fantastic track record that I just learned about today. It's a shame that we lost such a great guy. Cancer can kiss my ass!!!
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

10. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He knew his vehicles, loved his "only V6" G8, and was most definitely entertaining. I remember his candid posts expressing his awareness of his predicament as I was experiencing a bit of a predicament myself at the time. I admired his courage and regret that we never met.

JAM

12. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember him posting about possible cancer, and that he thought it was from the oil fires in Kuwait.
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

14. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always amazing how the people who have accomplished so much are also the most humble. RIP Chris.
    PBM #608 of 888 -- All Stock!

16. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this Pete, I had no idea that we had lost Chris. I never had the honor of meeting him, but he was always a valued member of this forum. He will be missed.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

18. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A golden person and personality from the golden era of this website. A great guy.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

20. Thanks STL_G8GT thanked for this post