Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TCM and ECM updated

Post Thanks / Like

Is this something that I could take in to a dealer to have done while I wait if they werent super busy? I think I've read it only takes like an hour or so to do the flash?
    Last edited by NYG8GT; 12-16-2008 at 06:23 AM.
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    NEP OTR intake
    Custom 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe and Thrush turbo mufflers
    Vector HSRK
    35w 5000k HIDs
    334whp/358lb.ft - 13.05@107 1.98 60'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by screw991le View Post
    The Service bulletin was 08-07-30-036 for delayed downshift. TCM Program K5364.7
    Thanks for info

Post Thanks / Like

In another thread I noticed # 08150 Service update. Is this different than 08-07-30-036, that addresses another issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BW G8GT View Post
    In another thread I noticed # 08150 Service update. Is this different than 08-07-30-036, that addresses another issues?
    That is what my service receipt says. I complained, when the car down shifted it felt like the car could not decide what gear it wanted and it feels like it picked 2 gears before engaging. It only happened in D, In SD, it goes like a raped ape.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

They updated mine. Made a world of difference.

They updated it to 08-07-30-036.

Post Thanks / Like

So I went to the dealership today, and the service writer was a dick about it and swore up and down that the car had the update because it didnt show on the screen as needing it when they plugged in my VIN, and they said it looks like it already had it done and its against the law to sell the car without doing it. He tried telling me my car is too new for it and that this update absolutely did not apply to my car. However my car exhibits all the traits of a car that needs this update done so I think he was just being a prick. If anyone here works at a dealer, can you verify this for me? VIN is 6G2EC57Y48L140172, thanks!
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    NEP OTR intake
    Vector HSRK
    35w 5000k HIDs

Post Thanks / Like

Against the law

What they do should be against the law. Ask them if the # above is what they have done. When was your car built? You can see by looking at the door sticker.
    2008 Liquid Red P&S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYG8GT View Post
    So I went to the dealership today, and the service writer was a dick about it and swore up and down that the car had the update because it didnt show on the screen as needing it when they plugged in my VIN, and they said it looks like it already had it done and its against the law to sell the car without doing it. He tried telling me my car is too new for it and that this update absolutely did not apply to my car. However my car exhibits all the traits of a car that needs this update done so I think he was just being a prick. If anyone here works at a dealer, can you verify this for me? VIN is 6G2EC57Y48L140172, thanks!
    http://www.g8board.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=43

Service from the Big 3 sucks! These are just more examples.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by screw991le View Post
    Against the law

What they do should be against the law. Ask them if the # above is what they have done. When was your car built? You can see by looking at the door sticker.
    I looked at the tag under the hood and it said it was built in January. There are a few things I found on the G8board thread that Im gonna print out that should help my case. That macgto dude took his in and got it done with no question, I dont see why I cant get the same treatment. We'll see what happens Saturday morning and how much I have to bitch to get shit done Im just bent that I was treated like a moron by the writer. The whole "its definitely not the transmission, it sounds like it could be something wrong with the motor or something along those lines" really chapped my ass. Dont f*cking tell me I dont know what a hunting transmission feels like or that I could get that confused for an unresponsive throttle. UGH lol

Oh yeah, and I also brought up the 08-07-30-036 number and he said "well if it didnt come up in your vehicle history as an available item it was definitely done" but I really doubt it was. My car is exhibiting the same traits as those who have had the update done and had the chance to compare old vs new. Hell today I floored it from about 30 and it literally took about 3 seconds to downshift and go.
    Last edited by NYG8GT; 12-25-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    NEP OTR intake
    Vector HSRK
    35w 5000k HIDs

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I went to the dealership this morning, and they said everything is perfectly normal and updated on my car. I told them I am getting a very noticeable lag during WOT downshifts from a slow speed and that the tranny seems to be hunting on downshifts after decelerating to go around a corner. I kept explaining how I feel the car needs the update but they swear up and down its ok. Is there something I can request from them to prove its updated? They gave me a printout that read the following saying its the Torque Management kicking in, which is BULLSHIT because the lag I am complaining about is more like 3 seconds, not .7

#PIP4112G: Sag or Hesitation on Acceleration (Normal Operating Characteristics) - keywords 4l60e 4l65e 4l70e 6l80 6l90 - (Aug 15, 2008)

Subject: Sag or Hesitation on Acceleration (Normal Operating Characteristics)

Models: 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT, Escalade ESV

2006-2008 Cadillac XLR, XLR-V

2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2006-2008 Chevrolet Corvette

2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL

2008 Pontiac G8

Equipped With a Gasoline Engine and Automatic Transmission

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superceded to updated to remove models. Please discard PIP4112G.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may comment on a sag or hesitation when accelerating under the following conditions:

- When coasting with a closed throttle and then aggressively applying the throttle. Examples of this maneuver include a rolling stop or a lane change maneuver. In this type of maneuver, even though the accelerator is applied aggressively, the throttle blade is opened slowly for up to 0.7 seconds to help minimize driveline lash and clunking.

Also in a 6L80 or 6L90 (RPOs MYC or MYD) equipped vehicle when making a hard, complete stop with a closed throttle, immediately followed by an aggressive throttle opening the transmission downshifts may not be completed by the time the throttle is opened. As a result approximately 0.5 seconds of "zero" torque may be commanded to allow the shift to first gear to occur.

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Both of the above conditions are a result of Torque Management and both of these conditions should be considered normal and no repairs should be attempted.
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    NEP OTR intake
    Vector HSRK
    35w 5000k HIDs