Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haggerty Offering Collectors Insurance on G8 GXP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Haggerty Offering Collectors Insurance on G8 GXP

If you have a GXP and you're treating it like a garage queen, consider looking into collectors insurance. I was talking to underwriting on getting the Impulse covered, and I enquired about the G8. The GXP will be insured now. If your GXP is not your daily drive, classic-collector car insurance is STUPID cheap.

USAA was going to cover my Impulse for $578 a year (in addition to current premiums) and with NADA book value of $3K

Haggerty is agreed value of $6K, same levels of coverage, zero deductible, $252 a year with roadside assistance included.

It was a no brainier.

If your GXP is a daily drive, they won't cover.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Are they only dealing with the GXP? Us GT guys are out of luck?
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct. Underwriter said GT they are watching but not deemed collectible/exotic at this time.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle09GT View Post
    Correct. Underwriter said GT they are watching but not deemed collectible/exotic at this time.
    6 months ago when I was looking into classic coverage for my GT, I was told the exact same thing they told you about the GT, about the GXP and now it's covered. So, there may be hope for the GT in another 6 months to a year.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, so I went on thinking I'd change and save some money. Hell, it's over double what I'm paying now! 1200+ dollars a year! I'm 42, put less than 1000 miles on it a year, no violations, only driver, store in my garage, NEVER drive to work...

I think I'll keep my current insurer.

How is your agreed value only 6k?

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Chris. I checked also and got the same price for driving 5000K a year.
    My current policy with 3 cars is also less then the quote, and that isn't even with having GXP on winter storage.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

7. Thanks Chewy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    lol, so I went on thinking I'd change and save some money. Hell, it's over double what I'm paying now! 1200+ dollars a year! I'm 42, put less than 1000 miles on it a year, no violations, only driver, store in my garage, NEVER drive to work...

I think I'll keep my current insurer.

How is your agreed value only 6k?
    That's for an '85 Isuzu Impulse - no way I would insure a G8 anything for that little.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Is the advantage of having collector insurance getting an agreed value for the car should it be a total loss? I would assume you would have to fight hard to get top buck for a garage queen GXP (or GT) from a regular insurer for a total loss.

With that said, my GT insurance is very reasonable through State Farm with an annual premium of $500 for full coverage. Not sure what I would get if it were totaled, but I'm guessing I would have to fight to get what I think it's worth as my car is a pristine low-mile summer driver.

As for collectability, I was finally just able to get "Collector Plates" for my GT from the State of Ohio and that was not an easy task to do!

Post Thanks / Like

The short answer is yes, you have an agreed value for a total. If my Impulse is stolen or wrecked, I get $6K - done and done.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

I recently switched over to Hagerty for my GXP. The agreed value of coverage was very appealing to me. With traditional insurance, I was paying about $800 a year, and if my GXP was totalled out in an accident, I would be lucky to get $23,000-$25,000 for it. That would be nowhere near enough to buy another similar mileage manual GXP and add the same mods that I have. I'm paying more from Hagerty, but if my car got totalled I would have enough to buy another manual GXP and equip it like what I have. The premiums are a bit steeper right now for G8 GXPs, but I strongly suspect as more of them get covered the premiums will come down (as long as they don't have to pay alot of claims). If the experiment with the G8 GXP works for Hagerty's business model, I would hope that the G8 GT might be next. I would encourage G8 GT owners to keep letting them know, "offer us insurance, and we'll buy it!"
    Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer
    2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), (now) 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune 12.191 @ 112.35, 2:59 Second Lap Time Road America (Goodyear RS-As & Hawk HP Plus pads with stock rotors), 143.1298 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 2017 1/2 mile into 20 mph headwind. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, 2017 Chevy SS front & rear Brembo calipers and rotors.