Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIX napa gold filters anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIX napa gold filters anyone?

Is this fine to use cause some say AC delco ONLY

I rear a lot of people wont touch the "E" delco filters so I'm not sure which to get?...

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Napa gold / Wix filters are a pretty high quality filter. Should be just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff92se View Post
    Napa gold / Wix filters are a pretty high quality filter. Should be just fine.
    Great, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Great filters. No worries. They are better then acdelco if you ask me. Not a paper filter so good for you guys that run longer miles.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

I went with UPF48R ACDelco. After finding out it's the same as the Mobil 1 113 oil filter I have been using for years. Also want to note it's almost half the price of Mobil 1 113.
    515 rwhp - 416 Stroker - 2015
    2009 G8 GT PSP, 6.8L Stroker 416ci,CM 228/234 .629/.629 LSA112 +2 Cam,PRC LS3 255CC CNC Heads,Trunion Rocker Upgrade,RCR Intake,FTI Stall 3600-3800,Trans Cooler,B&M flex plate,3.27 Diff LSD,UDP,1 7/8 OBXR LT SS Headers/SS, 3",Borla Mufflers,VCM OTR CAI,LS7 MAF 100mm,Patrick G. ECM/TCM Tune,Koni Shocks/Struts Yellow,Eibach Pro Kit Springs,LCA's w/Whiteline bushings,BMR Sub Frame Connectors,Spohn Tunnel Brace,BMR Fr/Rr Sway Bars,Suspension/Diff Bushings,PMT Rear Trailing Arms/Toe Links,Brembo's Front Brakes,Russell Street Legal Brake Line Braided SS,V8 6.0 Side Badges,GXP Diffuser,G8 Door Sill Plate,Red Shift Knob,SS Rim's,BFGoodrich g-force 255/35/20-285/35/20

6. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WIX makes a lot of filters. I know AC Delco and WIX were one of the same at one point. Its true that the "new" Declo filter is just cheap shit now. The "E" is plastic/paper internals etc.

With all the research and one that was recommended to me couple years back was this one below ...I used this filter twice now. You can tell the difference & quality just by the weight of it alone.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o09_s00
    Last edited by MongosG8; 02-29-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

8. Likes Ben2009GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW ..It might say it doesnt fit our G8s ETC but it fits just fine.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Wix when I can get them - I don't pay extra for the NAPA GOLD name.

IE I go to Oriely - at least around me they have the same wix filter with the wix name and it's cheaper.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ben2009GT View Post
    I went with UPF48R ACDelco. After finding out it's the same as the Mobil 1 113 oil filter I have been using for years. Also want to note it's almost half the price of Mobil 1 113.
    I've read that claim elsewhere too but never seen it substantiated. Others say its just a PF with a thicker case. Since a M1 can be had for $8 I just go with the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

A year or two ago I did some reading and everything I read at that time rated the RP filter right up on top even though their oil isn't. lol I believe it's made by Champion Labs like the Mobil1 filter and many others are. I run it with Rotella 5W40. I just buy it all from Amazon.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!