Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket cam with stock intake question

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8g8 View Post
    Stock air intake will definitely leave power on the table when you go with an aftermarket cam. I'd say 15-20 rwhp.
    X2!!!
    OBX longtubes, varram, ported intake/tb nitrous outlet plate kit. 150 shot.
    ---UNLIMITED PERFORMANCE--- RICKIFAST TUNED!!!
    11.59-120 mph

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ftlincolnls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8g8 View Post
    Stock air intake will definitely leave power on the table when you go with an aftermarket cam. I'd say 15-20 rwhp.
    X2!!!
    When you get the cam installed they'll tune the car for that intake, obviously, but yeah, depending on how aggressive your cam is you'll definitely be leaving power behind. You should be able to find a used varraram or rotofab on the site. I know I'm going to be selling both of mine here in a couple days.

2009 G8 GT
    Roto-fab CAI, Kooks LTH & Catless xpipe, CTSV wheels/tires, Hawk Brake Pads, PatG Cam, Forged Pistons & Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    Not much. The only real gain on an intake is if you have a "ram air" and you need to tune that into effect to see a gain.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Just get a good filter for the stock one until you can get what you want.
    Also cheap headers are a waste of money if you ask me. I have the jba long tubes because they were on sale and they were as cheap as I wanted to go. Also I had the ability to clean them up. I took a die grinder to all the welds on the inside and collector. They are 409 ss and I painted and wrapped them but still have little rust. I wish I would have gotten better even tho I plan to turbo in the future and they were only temporary.
    Just my opinion tho.
    Good luck.
    I bought cheap headers but they are 304SS not 409SS. I did not want to pay 3 times the price for maybe 8 to 9 HP.
    G8 GT K & N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam 219/223 .625/.625 DOD with LS3 valves , LS7 lifters, BTR SKOO1 springs, 7.425 Comp cam pushrods & SLP UDP. AC tensioner upgrade.

V6 Spectre CAI, Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links

Post Thanks / Like

Just do some research on this site, you will find what you need to do. There is over 7 yrs of information here someone has done what your asking about.
    515 rwhp - 416 Stroker - 2015
    2009 G8 GT PSP, 6.8L Stroker 416ci,CM 228/234 .629/.629 LSA112 +2 Cam,PRC LS3 255CC CNC Heads,Trunion Rocker Upgrade,RCR Intake,FTI Stall 3600-3800,Trans Cooler,B&M flex plate,3.27 Diff LSD,UDP,1 7/8 OBXR LT SS Headers/SS, 3",Borla Mufflers,VCM OTR CAI,LS7 MAF 100mm,Patrick G. ECM/TCM Tune,Koni Shocks/Struts Yellow,Eibach Pro Kit Springs,LCA's w/Whiteline bushings,BMR Sub Frame Connectors,Spohn Tunnel Brace,BMR Fr/Rr Sway Bars,Suspension/Diff Bushings,PMT Rear Trailing Arms/Toe Links,Brembo's Front Brakes,Russell Street Legal Brake Line Braided SS,V8 6.0 Side Badges,GXP Diffuser,G8 Door Sill Plate,Red Shift Knob,SS Rim's,BFGoodrich g-force 255/35/20-285/35/20