Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Tail of the Dragon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tail of the Dragon

Looks like there is a group of G8's headed to take on the Tail of the Dragon 10/24/2015. Who's up for it!?

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to but too far for me. Besides will be going to track rental the next weekend so need to make sure the G is ready for that. Have fun and be safe.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

Post Thanks / Like

I loved taking mine to the tail. Can't make it to that date though.
    My only complaint was the huge A pillar blocking the view of the other lane in the switchbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2008 G8 GT
    Vararam Intake, OBX 1 7/8" headers/X-pipe, Kooks Axlebacks, tuned using HPTuners

2001 Corvette (Playtoy)
    H/C/I, stalled auto, 3.42 gear, Vararam intake, Kooks Headers/X-pipe, Borla catback.
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500 (Daily)
    K&N intake tube

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to go, wanna go, will go... eventually. Too overcrowded on the weekends thinking of taking a long weekend sometime and hitting it Monday & Tuesday. Have fun and be safe!
    --Brian--

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    2008 Chevy Impala SS--Traded 4/1/2021
    2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
    2001 GMC Sierra

GODSPEED CHARLIE!!! R.I.P.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Would love to but too far for me. Besides will be going to track rental the next weekend so need to make sure the G is ready for that. Have fun and be safe.
    Thanks, good luck with the ET's

Quote Originally Posted by IMSOSLO View Post
    I loved taking mine to the tail. Can't make it to that date though.
    My only complaint was the huge A pillar blocking the view of the other lane in the switchbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea, this will be my first time. I'm really looking forward to it.
    If that's your only complaint, it sounds like I won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO View Post
    Would love to go, wanna go, will go... eventually. Too overcrowded on the weekends thinking of taking a long weekend sometime and hitting it Monday & Tuesday. Have fun and be safe!
    Just go ahead and come on! We'll temporarily hold traffic up for ya, so you can have the roads to yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by FCNFST; 11-07-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

And what side of the road are you suppose to be on in the video (for the red car that the camera is attached to)? Yellow line is there for a reason.
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

is there a trip planned for this year sometime? I plan on heading up there right before the fall. I finally got my brother to go on it last October and he loves it now. He has a 2011 sho Taurus that we have done a few mods to. I would like to go back and pop the g8's cherry there. I try to get almost every vehicle of mine on that road. it is great fun. I too had to explain to my brother to stay in the lane and be courteous to others on that road. too much nuisance and the fun will be ruined for everyone.
    2008 g8 gt iom

2011 Ford flex ecoboost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    And what side of the road are you suppose to be on in the video (for the red car that the camera is attached to)? Yellow line is there for a reason.
    Yea, he's been scolded and now understands not to cross, even if he sees that there is no oncoming traffic. I will make sure all understand that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth383 View Post
    is there a trip planned for this year sometime? I plan on heading up there right before the fall. I finally got my brother to go on it last October and he loves it now. He has a 2011 sho Taurus that we have done a few mods to. I would like to go back and pop the g8's cherry there. I try to get almost every vehicle of mine on that road. it is great fun. I too had to explain to my brother to stay in the lane and be courteous to others on that road. too much nuisance and the fun will be ruined for everyone.
    Yes, we will be running the TOTD 10/22/2016! Make it if you can!

Here's more footage from last year:

Last edited by FCNFST; 10-12-2016 at 04:43 AM.