Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: VALLEY COVER question, DOD delete

Post Thanks / Like

Default VALLEY COVER question, DOD delete

Will be doing the DOD delete shortly when I install the new cam. The vendor shows a different valley cover part number than the one I found on here. Several threads on here list the Corvette valley cover, part number 12570471. The vendor shows to use a different part number, 12599296. How do they differ, and which is most appropriate for the L76? Thanks!

Here is the parts list. Anything that is missing?

20150917 - cam swap parts list, with DOD delete kit.jpg
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You need someone like Greg to run an eyeball over 12570471 & 12599296.
    One part number is sequentially slightly more recent than the other........the parts look the same on the www
    but one PART NUMBER may come with the 8 small O rings included and one without, or something.
    Ask Greg.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    The vendor shows a different valley cover part number than the one I found on here.
    People (Forum Members) post the GM Part Numbers that are current at the time of print. People have been posting GM Part Numbers on this Forum since 2008-2009.
    If over time GM changes the Part Number due to some new supplier or new discovery or new process employed .........then It's a bit unfair to expect Forum Members to keep every post they have made in the last 6 or more years (in good faith) fully up to date.
    GM Part Numbers change all the time.
    [See Post #2 above....http://www.g8nation.com/showthread.p...=1#post599487]
    Last edited by Crazy Paul; 09-17-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

If over time GM changes the Part Number due to some new supplier or new discovery or new process employed .........then It's a bit unfair to expect Forum Members to keep every post they have made in the last 6 or more years (in good faith) fully up to date.
    Agreed 100%.
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Post Thanks / Like

The difference is the nipple for the dirty PCV.
    From what I can tell that is the only difference, just a slight angle change from what I remember.

I've sold both for the G8 DOD delete customers. The LS3 version is currently a few dollars cheaper.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

6. Thanks Crazy Paul thanked for this post
    Likes TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks greg!