Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Fan not working on 2009 g8

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fan not working on 2009 g8

I have noticed that the temp climbs to a dangerous level when stopped in traffic,I dont think that fan is operating properly, sometime when I put it in neutral the temp cools down.Any ideas?
    2009 G8GT, Phantom Black and red seats, all the premium extras,Thorlo hedders,Volant cold air intake,Solo cat backs,custom spoiler,custom mats

Post Thanks / Like

Turn the heater on when it gets warm. The extra coolant will help cool it.
    2 places to check.
    1) Under hood Fuse box, see if the fuse has burned. You may notice some browning in that area.
    2) Check the plug that goes to the fan assembly. mine was pretty close to being fried.
    3) Start engine and turn on A/C. Fans should be running. If not then fix fans before driving long distance.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default G8 Overheating

Thanks for the heads up Ray, all possible fan issues checked out okay,could be low coolant,I was able to get about 2 pints into the radiator,that might be the problem,I will let You know. Thanks again . brewski...
    2009 G8GT, Phantom Black and red seats, all the premium extras,Thorlo hedders,Volant cold air intake,Solo cat backs,custom spoiler,custom mats

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that the problem is solved,after adding a.f. Im wondering if the a.f. boiled off or wtf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brewski View Post
    It seems that the problem is solved,after adding a.f. Im wondering if the a.f. boiled off or wtf
    It shouldn't loose any AF, it probably leaked out somewhere when it started overheating. Unless it was a bit low for a while and an air pocket formed somewhere after time that blocked or slowed down flow significantly. Make sure to check the oil, but I'm sure you already did that. Do the belts look good? The overflow hose can alsoclog and cause the upper rad hose to collapse.
    The fans problems on G8 can be intermittent so it may work fine for a bit. Check wiring, I had the 4way rad fan motor connector melt and short out causing a small fire even though my fans are operating fine now after splicing in larger Gauge wire. I still need to check the pins under the fuse box. Both fans should come on high with a/c on.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk