Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My G8 won't let me do a burnout

Post Thanks / Like

Default My G8 won't let me do a burnout

I just got my '09 G8 GT a week ago, and have tried the button in the center of the heated seat buttons. When I push it, it shows Stability Control Off and ESP Off on the digital section between the tach and speedo, and allows me to roast the tires at will from a stop. My problem is when I try to powerbrake it to heat the tires, as soon as the tires start to spin I can feel the brake pedal pushing back, and the car lunges forward. The car has Brembo upgrade on the front, mild RCR cam, long tubes, Solo cat delete and full exhaust, Vararam, and custom tune. What am I doing wrong, or is this possibly a tune problem or something with the ABS?

Post Thanks / Like

Less brake, more throttle.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    Less brake, more throttle.
    It's not that simple. I have been racing over 30 years, but these new computer control cars are fairly new to me. This is not human error. Something computer related is causing this, but I'm not sure what yet. I am planning on going to our local track Friday night and need to know how to do it. My CTSV has the button, and if pushed once turns off Stability Control, and then if U push it again and hold it for about 6-8 seconds it will disable traction control. This car obviously doesn't work the same.

Post Thanks / Like

to much torque managment in the tune? Who tuned it?
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8GHOST View Post
    It's not that simple. I have been racing over 30 years, but these new computer control cars are fairly new to me. This is not human error. Something computer related is causing this, but I'm not sure what yet. I am planning on going to our local track Friday night and need to know how to do it. My CTSV has the button, and if pushed once turns off Stability Control, and then if U push it again and hold it for about 6-8 seconds it will disable traction control. This car obviously doesn't work the same.
    No, G8 is on or off. One press it will say it's off (and everything is off), one more press and everything is on. This is handled by the BCM, so if you've turned it off and still have issues there's something going on with the ECM/TCM tune.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

That's what it seems. I'm going to get back with the tuner. I'm putting a Circle D 3000 in hopefully next week, and from what I've read the trans tune will need to be adjusted, so I'll address both at the same time. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

See if it will spin then from a dead stop without hitting the brake pedal. I seem to remember there being an option in the tune needed to be disabled to allow " brake torquing" or something like that...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it will fry them from a dead stop without the brake applied. I was thinking that it may be something in the tune also.

Post Thanks / Like

In HP Tuners, in the engine section, there's a "Torque Management" tab. There's a "Brake Torque Limit" table that I believe is limiting your ability to fry them with the brake applied, at least that's how I understand it.
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Post Thanks / Like

Went to the track last night and think it may be a combination of tuning and the stock converter being to tight. Both should be fixed in the coming weeks. Thanks for the responses.