Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: How to have post appear in "New Posts"

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to have post appear in "New Posts"

Do you use the Reply to Thread (blue box lower left corner) or at a particular post on lower right, black print on white background. I swear I have tried both ways, or is it some other way to have a post appear in "New Posts". Not that I post much, Thanks.I hope this isn't allready answered in board issue thread after typing this.
    Last edited by astynx; 08-24-2015 at 10:41 PM.
    2009 WH GT Prem/Sprt w/Sunroof, Trunk liner, Custom-fitted Sunshade, Sony GPS, LED Rear License Plate Lights. X-PEL Headlight Protectors, Osram Nightbreaker Low- Beams, Redline armrest cover, Raceramp Flatstoppers, Led Reverse Lights, Led Taillights, Led Foglights, Genuine HSV Seat Belt Shouder Pads, Commodore VF rear window interior sunshade direct from AU. No Performance Mods, maybe someday just get a 480HP Crate Engine from GMPerformance.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used reply to thread (blue box).
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

I always use "New Posts" and when I post a reply, I use the reply button in the post of the previous poster. I seldom use the blue + Reply to Thread button.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

4. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

If you've visited a thread, then refresh or revisit the new posts page, that thread goes away. So, if you start a thread, it won't show up in the new posts page for you until someone else posts in it. You can try the Today's Posts link.

Me, I am annoyed when threads I've gone to disappear from the new posts list. I spend a lot of time going to look for threads from a few minutes ago.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

6. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    If you've visited a thread, then refresh or revisit the new posts page, that thread goes away. So, if you start a thread, it won't show up in the new posts page for you until someone else posts in it. You can try the Today's Posts link.

Me, I am annoyed when threads I've gone to disappear from the new posts list. I spend a lot of time going to look for threads from a few minutes ago.
    Use the recent activity stream link after you click on new posts link.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

8. Thanks Chewy thanked for this post
    Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What he said! ^

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. I will definitely not use the Reply to Thread blue box lower left. I got to this thread by clicking on to the activity stream after new posts. I'll just keep trying if this doesn't work. again thanks. I typed this in horizontal box at page bottom and clicked post quick reply.
    Last edited by astynx; 08-25-2015 at 08:28 PM.
    2009 WH GT Prem/Sprt w/Sunroof, Trunk liner, Custom-fitted Sunshade, Sony GPS, LED Rear License Plate Lights. X-PEL Headlight Protectors, Osram Nightbreaker Low- Beams, Redline armrest cover, Raceramp Flatstoppers, Led Reverse Lights, Led Taillights, Led Foglights, Genuine HSV Seat Belt Shouder Pads, Commodore VF rear window interior sunshade direct from AU. No Performance Mods, maybe someday just get a 480HP Crate Engine from GMPerformance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by astynx View Post
    Do you use the Reply to Thread (blue box lower left corner) or at a particular post on lower right, black print on white background. I swear I have tried both ways, or is it some other way to have a post appear in "New Posts". Not that I post much, Thanks.I hope this isn't allready answered in board issue thread after typing this.
    I think what you might be experiencing is a quirk of the board. Once you post a new message it does not appear in the new post view for you because you have already viewed it (since you just wrote it) but it does appear in everyone elses 'New Post" quiry. I guess the one way you could test is to log out of the board and see if your response or new message is there.

Once someone replies to you it should appear in your new post list.

I think that is how it works., someone correct me if I am off.