Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holley LS Fest Sept 11-13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doug. I may reconsider. I need time to think.

EDIT:

I may get an itch and drive up Saturday.
    Last edited by -Ray-; 09-10-2015 at 05:49 AM.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

2. Likes Doug Hilliard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see, Ray. Long tough road for you and that beautiful car.

Right after I installed my 2300, I rolled up next to a 2009-20012 Camaro SS. We started from a stop light and immediately had to make a hard left turn to enter the highway. I was so stoked to walk this guy I gave it too much and walked the ass end around a bit. I tried correcting and ended up on the shoulder heading straight for the beginning of a guard rail. I hammered on the brakes and managed to get her stopped probably 4-6ft from running straight into it.

I bought tires the next day.

I was so damn excited to use that new power that I didn't think clearly. I could've feathered the throttle through the turn like I should have and just blown his doors off in the straight, but I was too damn jumpy and nearly put my car on a wrecker because of it.

I dont know what happened exactly with yours, but I know what it's like to be so damn happy a project is finished, something you're proud of, and make foolish or rash decisions pushing it to the limit.

Again, I'm glad you're ok and am happy that you have an A1 dealer and body shop to take care of you on the latest mishap.

Take care.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear Ray.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holley LS Fest Sept 11-13

Well that sucks Ray! Hotel is booked and registered yesterday. This showed up as well

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by travis gore; 09-06-2015 at 02:02 AM.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

6. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Sorry to see, Ray. Long tough road for you and that beautiful car.

Right after I installed my 2300, I rolled up next to a 2009-20012 Camaro SS. We started from a stop light and immediately had to make a hard left turn to enter the highway. I was so stoked to walk this guy I gave it too much and walked the ass end around a bit. I tried correcting and ended up on the shoulder heading straight for the beginning of a guard rail. I hammered on the brakes and managed to get her stopped probably 4-6ft from running straight into it.

I bought tires the next day.

I was so damn excited to use that new power that I didn't think clearly. I could've feathered the throttle through the turn like I should have and just blown his doors off in the straight, but I was too damn jumpy and nearly put my car on a wrecker because of it.

I dont know what happened exactly with yours, but I know what it's like to be so damn happy a project is finished, something you're proud of, and make foolish or rash decisions pushing it to the limit.

Again, I'm glad you're ok and am happy that you have an A1 dealer and body shop to take care of you on the latest mishap.

Take care.
    Pete,

Pushing my car to it's limit or beyond wasn't a rash decision. Just so everyone knows, I never lifted! LOL
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

8. Likes TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Pete,

Pushing my car to it's limit or beyond wasn't a rash decision. Just so everyone knows, I never lifted! LOL
    Ray, you weren't wearing aviator goggles, were you?...

Ray.jpg

2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Rick getting some work done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

11. Likes -Ray-, TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the way now, just spectating but it will be my first FEST!!! been planning to go for years now and finally getting the opportunity. Hope to meet you guys there.
    Bolt Ons/tune-12.90@108.51 2.002 60ft.
    P/B-Cam only 12.14@115 1.9 60 Ft
    PB with blower@7#s-11.7@124 1.8 60 Ft
    PB with blower@12#s-10.9@127 1.62 60Ft still stock converter and trans!
    +built trans/ZL1 converter 10.63@130.97 1.58 60Ft
    full weight with stock 19s on front!!!
    with cam-431Hp/400Tq
    with LSA@7.5#-581Hp/495Tq
    With LSA @12#-589Hp/552Tq
    with LSA @12# and more timing-unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I found these on Lsxtv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes drumsbh, TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    This showed up as well

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
    Have to ask: where'd you get the banner from and how many $$?
    2009 SRM GT: Cortex tuned, Spectre Intake, VMAX ported TB, Solo HFC's, X-pipe, Solo axle-back, a few bling pieces under the hood, Billet Custom catch can, Holden radiator cover, "SV6" wing spoiler, GXP diffuser, rear window roof spoiler, "PONTIAC" 3rd brake light insert, Holden V8/6.0 Liter badges, Holden chrome trunk strip, VG shark fin, All-Fit Auto lower front lip, drilled & slotted rotors, painted calipers, Ultra-guage, custom-made "dead pedal".