Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Replacement bulbs for G8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
    I have not been able to find a source for the Sylvania bulbs for the low beams. The XV on the number confuses everyone and Sylvania's website leaves a lot to be desired. Anyone purchasing the H11XV bulbs somewhere?

I just modified H9 high beams and put them in on the low side like they do on the GTO's and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! When and where I drive I need it!!! I hit two raccoons last year in less than 2 months causing $3400 in damage and disabling the vehicle both times due to poor lighting on my last vehicle. I was lucky I didn't hit the deer and hogs that are out. Now in the G8 w/ H9's I light up the road enough for a warning of about 1/2 mile or better even in the ditches...Has already saved me more that once...
    Last edited by Got 8?; 05-03-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    '09 SBM G8 GT - GT7 (Sport and Premium packages w/ Sunroof), Lovells Eliminator Super Low Combo, Pedders Street 1, BMR sways...

Post Thanks / Like

I hate do to this but can you get the parts off an 08 and put in the 09 for the glove box light? How big a PITA is it? I also wish Sylvannia work get the ULTRAs out for this car. I also wish for better fog light bulbs. I also wish for world peace but would settle for the bulbs.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The 09's don't have a glovebox light? Wow that's lame. Forget those overpriced Sylvania bulbs that burn out after a year or so, just get HID's. They last so much longer and put out twice the amount of light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    The 09's don't have a glovebox light? Wow that's lame. Forget those overpriced Sylvania bulbs that burn out after a year or so, just get HID's. They last so much longer and put out twice the amount of light.
    Yes I would like too. BUT what is the price of parts and labor? Any adverse affect on electrical system? And can the glove box from the 08 be installed in the 09?
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

HID kits are around $80 shipped on Ebay and everything just plugs right in with no adverse affects on the electrical system. You should pull the DRL fuse so the ballasts so they get full power, and they are so easy to install in a couple hours. Here's the kit I bought and it works great, I bought the one with H11 5000K bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...lenotsupported

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    HID kits are around $80 shipped on Ebay and everything just plugs right in with no adverse affects on the electrical system. You should pull the DRL fuse so the ballasts so they get full power, and they are so easy to install in a couple hours. Here's the kit I bought and it works great, I bought the one with H11 5000K bulbs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...lenotsupported
    Any special wiring involved?
    WHITE HOT G8 GT !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB. View Post

J/K
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post

J/K

BWAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAA!

NO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Pay no attention to those jokers, connecting the HID's is simple, everything just plugs right in to the stock wiring.

Post Thanks / Like

My front marker / turn signal blew this morning. Took both filaments with it at the same time, which was nice. The factory installs the 2357, just like Sylvania says. Do you think I could find a 2357 amber at any of the four part stores I went to today? Yeah, ummm - NO. The 2057A is the same bulb package, only with a slightly lower light output rating. Which is probably true, but even side by side I couldn't tell the difference. The 2057A-LL (long life) is rated for 2,000 hours, and the 2357A is rated for 400 hours. So unless I find an LED replacement I like, those 2057's are staying right where they are.

And it's a darn good thing that car's as good looking as she is, because if I had to put any other car on a jack to remove the inner fender to replace a darned light bulb, I'd be smackin the ho.
    2008 GT Liquid Red

SS Brake Lines, Painted Calipers, Tint, Stripes, HID's, LED's
    I think suspension upgrades are next. Time to put the piggy bank to work...

She said, "You spend so much time with that car, it's like your mistress." I replied - "Well now I know what to put on my license plate."