Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement bulbs for G8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R.Penguin View Post
    Not that I need one, but is there really a glovebox light?
    08's yes no to the 09's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silver6.0L View Post
    08's yes no to the 09's.
    Dammit! Shoulda snagged the one off the '08 before it was towed away.......yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

was wondering why I couldnt find anything in my glovebox at night
    2009.25 Pontiac G8 GT, Switchblade Silver Metallic, Premium and Sport packages
    Atari Gauge Mod, Hard Wired Nav w/ ProClip, AFE CAI, Superchips Tune 2.0, Clearmask Complete Kit. PIAA Bright White Bulbs All Around. Putco Fog Lamp Bulbs, Royal Purple Synthetic, Debaged, 6.0 Litres, SS, and V Badges.
    From page 8-7 in the G8 Owners Manual - "If more power is needed for passing, and the vehicle is going about 35MPH or more, push the accelerator all the way down"

Post Thanks / Like

Update to List Foglamp bulbs

Fog lights/driving lights 5202 AKA - (H16, 9009)

I ordered 2 sets from the only company that makes the aftermarkets fog lamp bulbs for the G8GT. PUTCO http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...5&autoview=sku

I got them today and will put them in this weekend. Gonna be a PITA, gotta take off front wheels and pull back the shrouds to get to the bulbs. Unless you know a better way.
    Atari Gauge Mod, Hard Wired Nav w/ ProClip, AFE CAI, Superchips Tune 2.0, Clearmask Complete Kit. PIAA Bright White Bulbs All Around. Putco Fog Lamp Bulbs, Royal Purple Synthetic, Debaged, 6.0 Litres, SS, and V Badges.
    From page 8-7 in the G8 Owners Manual - "If more power is needed for passing, and the vehicle is going about 35MPH or more, push the accelerator all the way down"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

A few members have installed the Putnum bulbs and they melted the foglight housing. Don't do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    A few members have installed the Putnum bulbs and they melted the foglight housing. Don't do it!
    Don't tell me this. Is Putnum meaning PUTCO?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2009 GT had 1156 for rear turn signal...installed from factory...i tried the 7507 but they got stuck in the socket when i tried to install due to pins not being at 180 degrees...i believe the backup were also 1156..talk about a bitch getting the 7507 back out

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been able to find a source for the Sylvania bulbs for the low beams. The XV on the number confuses everyone and Sylvania's website leaves a lot to be desired. Anyone purchasing the H11XV bulbs somewhere?