Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Please take time to read, local family needs some help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please take time to read, local family needs some help.

This thread was ok'd by Steve.

There is a family we are friends with here that could use some help. They have 4 young kids 10 and under that our kids go to school and play with. A couple days ago they were at a baseball game for the kids and the dad collapsed. He was given cpr and rushed to the hospital where they kept having to revive him but it wasn't enough. He went without oxygen for to long and is declared brain-dead. They are taking him off life support tomorrow or the next day as soon as they get organ donors in line. His organs survived but they said his brain never recovered from the event.

They are a very caring family who has had some money problems in the past but was just starting to get things worked out with a new job. There was no life insurance in place and we aren't sure about health insurance. They have set up a Go Fund Me to try and help the family and I am hoping that we as a community can help. I have 4 kids of my own ages 9 and under and it has really put a new perspective on life for my wife and I as we try and imagine what the mom and kids must be going through. Even if you can't donate please don't take life or family for granted. I had literally seen him 45 minutes before it happened as he was picking up his kids from school to head to the game.

I am a member of dozens of different forums ranging from cars to guns and am trying to get as much support as possible. I know that if anything ever happened to me I would only hope someone would try and show support to my family as well. I would ask that people from here who donate list the forum name so they could know where the support was coming from. Maybe just G8Nation and I will be sure they know who we are.

http://www.gofundme.com/uk428k

Thank you.

JJ
    '03 Evo VIII 10.6@131mph stock internals/ECU/Tires-SOLD
    '09 GT SBM-Rotofab, SOLO HFC, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, Custom Tune, HID Lows, LED Fogs, GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser & CTS-V Rims

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to hear about this. Glad to help out. Our thoughts are with that poor family in this time of loss.
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this. Donation sent...
    Marty

G8 gone, but not forgotten...

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this. Wishing and hoping for the family involved.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much to those I've seen donate.
    '09 GT SBM-Rotofab, SOLO HFC, SOLO Mach Balanced Catback Exhaust, Powerbond Underdrive Pulley, Custom Tune, HID Lows, LED Fogs, GXP Front Bumper & Rear Diffuser & CTS-V Rims

Post Thanks / Like

donation sent and shared on Facebook
    2009.5 G8 GXP White Hot 6M, Heads/Cam/Intake/3.91
    515rwhp/477tq SAE Dynojet
    7.518@93.48 1.63 60' +1072 DA (1/8 mile)
    11.815@118.85 1.83 60' +364 DA (1/4 mile)
    CBI Street Cars
    DSX Tuning
    danlewisracing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much.

She didn't even know a fund had been set up until a couple days ago and was amazed so many people had donated. It really does make a difference when you know how much people care at a time like this.