Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lsa progress

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lsa progress

Just wanted to post up some progress of my lsa build. Did a dod delete zr1 cam head studs and an lsa blower.

If anyone has ever heard of cruise week in ocean city MD that's my goal. I leave next Thursday for the weekend so hopefully I get it done.

Btw you can make the zl1 cover fit without dropping the subframe it's pretty simple mod you need to do. It clears the hood by about 1/16
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, hope to see you driving around down there.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good! Any more info on the mod to make the cover fit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8eraid View Post
    Looks good! Any more info on the mod to make the cover fit?
    I had to purchase the four short nipple bolts that hold the fuel rail and the one long one on the snout. What you do is take the rubber grommet out of the cover all five and cut the top of the rubber off so now the nipple bolt can slide all the way through. Then before you install the rubber back in the cover drill a 3/8 hole above where the rubber goes. This will allow the cover to sit about 3/4" lower than before. It just barley clears the hood but it does. I am running no hood insulation however.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    Nice, hope to see you driving around down there.
    I'm sure you will. I live in north east too. Not sure I have seen your car around.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Callen11 View Post
    I'm sure you will. I live in north east too. Not sure I have seen your car around.
    Nice, there's a handful of G8's in the county, one of these days we need to get them all together.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I may make it. Got about 2 hrs of soldering left , I still have to hook up my bap and also repainting my front bumper but I have one week left from tomorrow. Getting it towed to the dyno tomorrow but not sure when it will be tuned. Hopefully this weekend. Here is some more pics of it pretty much buttoned up.

9. Likes mjones73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How's it coming?
    Matt Jones

Post Thanks / Like

Just got it dynoed today. Got it running friday of last week late and it was only running on 4 cylinders something to do with the afm had to be rewritten not just tuned out. So got a base tune Sat. And finished up some loose ends here and there. Eric from innovative diesel is tuning it for me. Made 504 hp and 476 wtq at 10.9 afr and 14* advanced with a 2.85 pulley. Fuel pressure held with these numbers didn't even have the boost a pump turned on. Eric said we should have enough fuel. So I put the 2.55 pulley on and made a pull but the belt was slipping. . Made 576 wtq but hp was only 495 hp.. So decided to go back to the 2.85 for cruise week. When I get back going to get the 100mm idler and smaller belt and meth kit. So just got to change the oil again and have to throw the bumper back on.

On a side note. If anyone does this swap. I learned the bypass valve that is supplied with the lsa blower has a solenoid. Well this solenoid has to be activated with 12v to let it open to atmosphere. It's for when it goes into limp mode. However we don't have a plug for this. I Have read a few of these swaps ,but my car wasn't boosting on the first pull and I haven't heard mention of this. So I figured out you have to take the solenoid off and just leave the line in the bottom of the valve open to atmosphere so the bypass valve works properly. Car made 385 whp with no boost lol.