Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: h&r lowering spring on stock struts

Post Thanks / Like

Default h&r lowering spring on stock struts

will I be able to run H&R lowering springs on factory struts and still have the ride that I have now I know I need to replace my strut mounts that's what kind of motivated me to look into this but I don't have a thousand dollars to drop in front struts if so can people post pics of how it looks

Post Thanks / Like

Default h&r lowering spring on stock struts

FE3 struts are not a grand. However lowing the car will change the ride.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the FE3 and Eibach lowering springs and the ride is great really not much different than the stock G8GT set up but you can tell the car performs much tighter and a bit more stiff which is what I was looking for and for all that and strut bushings and bearings before labor to install it all was $600 or so.

so if you are not beating or taking it to a auto cross and more of a daily driver or drive when its nice out this is a great set up for not a lot of money, just my opinion
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a whole set of coil overs for all 4 corners for $800...

With that being said, a cheaper option would be FE3's or PPV struts all around along with the lowering springs.
    Matt Jones
    2009 WH G8 GT Vararam/Kooks LT's/Corsa/BLP Probationary LL 219/223 .612/.615 112LSA/3.45s

Post Thanks / Like

I have H&R's with the stock struts and it rides fine and handles better than before. Go to the link to see how she sits http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.p...hlight=msb7144
    H&R lowering springs, ACE Alloy V12 wheels, LS2 valve covers, Roto Fab CAI, Roto Fab radiator cover, heater hose relocation, Sport Steering wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the H&R #94088 on my G8 when I purchased it.
    Rode good, but had a little bit of bounce on the rear over large bumps. I attributed this to the stock FE2 shocks with 80K miles on them.
    I just replaced them back to FE3 struts/shocks and stock springs.

Here's a pic of the H&R mounted on my car and when I took them off compared to stock.

Ryan
    2008 G8 GT - Liquid Red - Sport Premium
    Rick Crawford Built! 11.0's @ 122mph.
    Dominator Cam, H-E Series Head Port/Mill/Flowed, throttle body, intake & tune, headers, 3.45 gears, Circle D, E85.

Instagram - TTSaleen
    Youtube - www.youtube.com/98saleen

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FE3's on the cheap

You can typically get a full set of FE3's for less than $300. Amazon often has their warehouse deals for open box rear FE3's. They say they are used, but in my experience they were new. I was able to get a pair for $34 each. GMPartsHeadquarters has the fronts for $93 each here and here.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Fe3s are under $300 now? When I was looking last year, they were ~$370. So I went with the PPVs for $250 shipped.