Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Hood insulator g8 gt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hood insulator g8 gt

Need the hood insulator. P/n 92253505 seems discontinued. Found reference to 92253505, 92202226, 92219549 but not sure which one I really need to look for, plus not sure if there is revised part.Greg or CP can you help me w/ p/n and who has one if it really is discontinued?
    09 White Hot G8 GT
    Tuned by Rick Crawford
    Kooks, Circle-D, Vararam, HSRK, BP catch can, RP oil
    DBA 4000, Hawk Ceramic, Russel Stanless, Ate Super Blue,
    FE3, Whiteline, BMR, UMI, Spohn

Homelink, Adams Premium, Infinity Reference

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I had tried to order one and after 2 weeks was told back ordered.

Was thinking about hitting up Greg or CP also
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Every dealer I tried said discontinued and not available to order. Paul can get them, shipping is about $160 US plus insulator. Huge box and no way to roll or fold that beast. You can ship some smaller stuff with it at no added cost was Pauls suggestion.
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! Something to think about. 160 is steep but I understand it needs to come from the other side of Earth. lol!

I was thinking of just taking my original out and painting it with a high heat material paint. Not sure why its discoloring the way it is considering I have only 23.5k on my G8.

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Thanks!! Something to think about. 160 is steep but I understand it needs to come from the other side of Earth. lol!

I was thinking of just taking my original out and painting it with a high heat material paint. Not sure why its discoloring the way it is considering I have only 23.5k on my G8.
    Once you take it off you'll want to keep it off. I like it off. It's just holding moisture and will eventually start rust. Here is a white and red car with them removed. uploadfromtaptalk1430785535135.jpg
    1998 Trans am- Sold
    2006 Gto- Sold
    1.861 60' 11.934 1/4 @ 117.92mph -583 New Best 2009 G8 GXP LR A6 onyx/red[B] - Sold
    2015 Jungle Green SS Fully loaded

6. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

just leave off...
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

8. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ..I agree .. doesn't look bad at all off. Much better then the white marks the moisture caused.

Thanks for the pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Yeah ..I agree .. doesn't look bad at all off. Much better then the white marks the moisture caused.

Thanks for the pics!
    After removing it. Use a paint pin from auto zone and fill in those scratches. . after you clean them of course.
    1998 Trans am- Sold
    2006 Gto- Sold
    1.861 60' 11.934 1/4 @ 117.92mph -583 New Best 2009 G8 GXP LR A6 onyx/red[B] - Sold
    2015 Jungle Green SS Fully loaded