Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: HELP: Looking for a good suspension shop in San Antonio

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP: Looking for a good suspension shop in San Antonio

So, I've been sitting on some parts since last summer.
    I've got Tein Springs, Koni Shocks & Struts, BMR front sway bar, Whiteline strut bushings & bearings, and Whiteline rear cradle bushings sitting in the spare room of my house. I usually install all of my parts myself, but I've been supremely unmotivated to install all of this stuff, so I'm looking for any recommendations that anyone might have of a shop (preferrably one that you've had work done at an were happy with) that I could call to get a quote to install all of this stuff. I live in NE San Antonio, so I'm looking for a shop in SA or the surrounding area. Help a brother out. Thanks everyone.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, haven't been here long enough to recommend anyone in particular... Ive only been back in town for 2 years, and don't let anyone here work on it, due to liability, shops here aren't reputable or responsible or skilled enough to work on or do any aftermarket work on my G8GT. If youre on the NE side, I think I may have seen yours driving around, im a Black GT on the NE side over in the Encino Park area, KeepCalm&ChiveOn sticker on the back, plus my military stickers "Dysfunctional Veteran/Iraq War Veteran? and stay back 100 feet or you will be shot" stickers....

let me know if you need help finding a place still, if youre still looking, im having body roll issues, and have been looking forward to dropping it a little as well to get the look I want, as well as eliminate the body roll, all those parts that you listed off seem to be exactly what I need for my car.... if you wouldn't mind, could you get me the vendor list or where you purchased your suspension components, ya know? help a guy out, find the best deal, and we could possibly find a shop for the both of us....

just something to keep in mind

let me kno

or DM me (808)372-3443

Post Thanks / Like

Friends of mine with a supercharged G8, and another with a camaro SS use Henderson Performance.

http://www.hendersonperformance.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1MeanG8GT View Post
    Honestly, haven't been here long enough to recommend anyone in particular... Ive only been back in town for 2 years, and don't let anyone here work on it, due to liability, shops here aren't reputable or responsible or skilled enough to work on or do any aftermarket work on my G8GT. If youre on the NE side, I think I may have seen yours driving around, im a Black GT on the NE side over in the Encino Park area, KeepCalm&ChiveOn sticker on the back, plus my military stickers "Dysfunctional Veteran/Iraq War Veteran? and stay back 100 feet or you will be shot" stickers....

let me know if you need help finding a place still, if youre still looking, im having body roll issues, and have been looking forward to dropping it a little as well to get the look I want, as well as eliminate the body roll, all those parts that you listed off seem to be exactly what I need for my car.... if you wouldn't mind, could you get me the vendor list or where you purchased your suspension components, ya know? help a guy out, find the best deal, and we could possibly find a shop for the both of us....

just something to keep in mind

let me kno

or DM me (808)372-3443
    I ended up having a friend of a friend do the install for me. He works at a local dealership in town and he cut me a hell of a deal, so can't complain about that. As far as parts, I purchased from a bunch of different vendors. I purchased my lowering springs, strut bushings and bearings, and rear cradle bushings from Amazon (gotta love that prime membership two day shipping), rear shocks I purchased from tire rack and front struts I purchased directly from Koni (or vice versa), and sway bars were purchased directly from BMR.

I'm extremely satisfied with how my car's stance and also how it rides after all the parts have been installed and thoroughly road tested now.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX