Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling fan relay and fuse block melted. Need help.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem fixed (knocking on wood) replaced fan motor and cleaned up the ground wires. Also was lucky to find a fuse block at local auto salvage yard for $105 and going to replace just in case. Also had my tuner double check when the fans are coming on and off. Everything is staying cool and running good. Thanks again for the help and its now time to do some testing with my new cam and heads setup.
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT P.S.M Sport + Premium with Sun Roof. VCM CAI,Tune by Chenry Motorsports, Ported Intake & Throttle Body by Fasterproms, Kooks Headers & X-Pipe with Pypes Violators, Nitrous Outlet Direct Port, Precision Industries 2800 Stall, Brembo's, lots of goodies from Crazy Paul.Holden Commodore VE SS-V series 1 bumper and hood. Camaro 3.27 Diff. Staggered 20s, Nitto 555 Tires,Complete BMR suspension upgrade. Just installed Texas Speed Heads and Cam. D.S.S 1 piece driveshaft, ZL1 pump. New 1/4 mile times coming soon.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/btrflag8gt/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by billtherealtor View Post
    Problem fixed (knocking on wood) replaced fan motor and cleaned up the ground wires. Also was lucky to find a fuse block at local auto salvage yard for $105 and going to replace just in case. Also had my tuner double check when the fans are coming on and off. Everything is staying cool and running good. Thanks again for the help and its now time to do some testing with my new cam and heads setup.
    Congrats big time, hope all stays right!!!
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader