Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Solo Axle Backs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo Axle Backs

Does the Solo Axle Back exhaust fit on the V6 as well? I see when you go to order, it just says they fit Pontiac G8 2008-2009, doesn't specify if its compatible on the V6. Thank you for feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

SOLO has two axle backs for the G8. One is made for the V6 and the other for the V8 (with J-Pipes). Either of these will bolt up to your factory exhaust. You may also want to look at their cat backs. These will also bolt right up to the V6 factory exhaust. I previously had the V6 axle backs on my car prior to installing the SOLO MACH Shorty cat back. The V6 axle backs look good and sound great. The cat back even better.
    2009 SBM GT, Sport Model, Sunroof
    Mods: Roto-Fab CAI and Radiator Cover, SOLO Mach Shorty catback exhaust with 3.5" quad tips, GXP rear diffuser, Redline Goods armrest cover

(Winter car) 2009 SBM V6, Premium Package/Comfort & Sound Package/ Sunroof
    Mods: K&N CAI, Roto-Fab Radiator Cover, SOLO Mach Shorty catback exhaust, GT Tail lights, Tint - 35%,20%

3. Thanks Thechad703 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the cat backs louder? I don't want anything too loud, I get my kids on weekends and stuff and don't want anything too loud due to having them riding.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the cat back is louder. If you don't want too loud go with the SOLO V6 axle back. These sound great. Sent you a PM.
    2009 SBM GT, Sport Model, Sunroof
    Mods: Roto-Fab CAI and Radiator Cover, SOLO Mach Shorty catback exhaust with 3.5" quad tips, GXP rear diffuser, Redline Goods armrest cover

(Winter car) 2009 SBM V6, Premium Package/Comfort & Sound Package/ Sunroof
    Mods: K&N CAI, Roto-Fab Radiator Cover, SOLO Mach Shorty catback exhaust, GT Tail lights, Tint - 35%,20%

6. Thanks Thechad703 thanked for this post