Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G8/GTO (Holden) Takeover Topeka Show N Go (CANCELLED)

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb G8/GTO (Holden) Takeover Topeka Show N Go (CANCELLED)

Thought I would post this for those that might be interested. I am working with Heartland Park Raceway in Topeka Kansas to host a G8/GTO event. Friday June 5th drag racing from 5:00-11:00pm and Saturday car show from 10:00am - 2:00pm at the race track. We are working out all of the details and currently have 50 cars committed to attending. I realize as it gets closer, more people will jump on board and wanted to make sure that as many people were aware of the event as possible. If you are on Facebook, you can join the guest list to help us and Heartland Park plan for the number of cars attending ( https://www.facebook.com/events/298543547015332/ ). If you are not on Facebook, just comment below that you plan on attending.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible. Hope to see everyone there!

Drag Race $25 - Spectator $12
    car show = Entry TBD
    If we have a large showing, they may open the drag strip up to our group on Saturday as well. More information will be posted as it comes in.

Super 8 Topeka 5922 SW Topeka Blvd Topeka, KS 66619 (closest to Heartland Park Raceway) ONLY 50 ROOMS AVAILABLE!
    Mention "G8/GTO Owners" when booking to receive our group rate of $67.49 double or $65 single King, King Suite $79.99 and Jacuzzi Suite (queen bed) $71.99 (per night). Ask for Khush or Kristina.
    Last edited by G8UNV; 01-30-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update. With just over 6 months to go until the event, we currently have a combined 61 cars committed to attending. Can't wait to see everyone there!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know its still early, but are there any plans for a host hotel?
    2008 MGM G8 GT Mods: Cam, Heads, Maggie 1900, Kooks, Corsa,BAP, Homelink, Auto Dim Mirror, Camaro brakes, BC Coilovers, and some fancy wheels w/ 265/40/18 ET Street II. Tuned by Howard at Redline Motorsports. 524hp 454tq on 7.5 lb boost recorded at XP Racing, OKC OK 3/30/14, 11.82 @ 120 at TRP 5/3/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HVYCHVY View Post
    I know its still early, but are there any plans for a host hotel?
    I will start working with a hotel on pricing in January. At this point I am trying to solidify plans for both the car show and racing.
    I hope to have the details for everyone soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Super 8 Topeka 5922 SW Topeka Blvd Topeka, KS 66619 (closest to Heartland Park Raceway) ONLY 50 ROOMS AVAILABLE!
    Mention "G8/GTO Owners" when booking to receive our group rate of $67.49 double or $65 single King, King Suite $79.99 and Jacuzzi Suite (queen bed) $71.99 (per night). Ask for Khush or Kristina.
    Last edited by G8UNV; 12-01-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fellow G8 enthusiasts. If any of you are also on the GTO message board and could post this information for me, I would greatly appreciate it. We are already over 70 cars committed to attending from 12 different states, but I know we are not reaching as many people as we could be. This information has been posted on multiple Facebook G8/GTO pages and of course here, but I am not a member of every site.
    If you or members of your club are planning on attending, please PM me so that we have a good idea of how many will be coming.

Post Thanks / Like

I am considering doing a shirt ONLY for those that attend the event. Here are a couple of examples.Topeka Shirt.JPGTopeka 2.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

TakeOver Topeka Video Preview http://youtu.be/7FCuJ7sgfyU
    Last edited by G8UNV; 12-11-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We are now up to 80 confirmed cars and another 25 "maybe's". I know we are still over 5 months away, but grab a group of G8 owners and come join the fun!Takeover Topeka Poster.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Since I posted this, we are now up to 90 cars (45 GTO's and 45 G8's).