Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G8/GTO (Holden) Takeover Topeka Show N Go (CANCELLED)

Post Thanks / Like

Hells Yeah!!!! Will Topeka be having their regular TNT on Friday? I may have to get a room for both days, especially if they have racing on Saturday also.
    2008 MGM G8 GT Mods: Cam, Heads, Maggie 1900, Kooks, Corsa,BAP, Homelink, Auto Dim Mirror, Camaro brakes, BC Coilovers, and some fancy wheels w/ 265/40/18 ET Street II. Tuned by Howard at Redline Motorsports. 524hp 454tq on 7.5 lb boost recorded at XP Racing, OKC OK 3/30/14, 11.82 @ 120 at TRP 5/3/14

Post Thanks / Like

YES! We will be joining in on the Friday night racing and they are considering having the track open 2 extra hours to accommodate the extra cars (us). The track will likely be open for just G8's and GTO's on Saturday after the car show. Once the racing and car show are completed, we are planning on having a cruise in and around the city.
    My original goal was to have 150 cars in attendance, but it looks like we will exceed that number.
    http://youtu.be/7FCuJ7sgfyU

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a few people mention that they just recently heard about this event (despite my many posts). It would be appreciated if you could share this post or information with clubs or individuals across the country to help us spread the word. THANKS! Takeover Topeka Poster.JPG
    Last edited by G8UNV; 01-03-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We are easily over 100 cars committed to attend (probably in the 110 range) with 4 1/2 months to go. If you plan to attend, please let me know so we know roughly how many will be coming to Topeka. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

We now have over 110 cars committed to attend the event (52 GTO's). If you are planning at attending or you have a group that wants to attend, please let me know so that we can keep track of the # of cars. ONLY 135 DAYS TO GO!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great show! For us folks that can't attend, perhaps you'll post a few photos of the event. Good luck!
    On a side note, I was speaking to a GTO ('06) owner that stated when he was at the track, this stock G8 was beating all the GTOs. He was baffled, to say the least.

7. Thanks G8UNV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As we approach spring and inch closer to the Topeka event, let me know if you are planning on attending this 1st Annual G8/GTO event.

9. Thanks mot76 thanked for this post
    Likes mot76 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

just requested off work. i'm committed now
    Ron
    "As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time" ~ cake
    2009 G8 GT - LSA >TT

11. Likes G8UNV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: I spoke with Heartland Park today and they are ready for us on June 5th and 6th. If you plan on attending and haven't notified me here or on the G8 Owners Facebook page, please do so. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

We are just about 6 week away from the "TakeOver Topeka" event for all Holden G8 and GTO and Chevy SS cars. If you are planning to attend, please comment below to help me keep track of who will be there. Thanks!