Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Caliper bolts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caliper bolts

So I went to order 4 caliper bolts for the cts v brake upgrade, part number 18041878, until I saw where shipping for these 4 bolts was gonna be almost 15 dollars, is this right?? Seems really high. Would love to get them from a forum sponsor but at 36 dollars for the bolts and shipping, I might as well not wait and go to the dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you happen to check with Greg from Pace Performance? I ordered mine from Pace great price quick turnaround

Send a PM to Greg and see what he can do for you
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you from personal experience, as I just did my 6 pot swap this past Saturday. The stock length factory V caliper bolts are actually too long, they fit on a 2 piece V rotor (it is what I used) but I am sure I could have used something a tad shorter. The dimensions were 14x2x55 for the stock V bolt, could easily accept a 14x2x45 and still have a thread or two poke out from the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you have to use the correct length bolts
    The G8 has an iron front knuckle so it is slightly thinner than the Camaro and CTS-V which use an aluminum knuckle and longer bolts

You need to know the correct application to borrow bolts from for the G8
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Well the part number I asked about was the one that had been used by others before so I assumed it is the correct one. My question was only pertaining to the shipping being so high. Was hoping for an answer sooner but already ordered from somewhere else. Thanks.