Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What The Hell Is Wrong With WRX STi Owners?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What The Hell Is Wrong With WRX STi Owners?

I'm not a fan of street racing. I've posted that here before. There was my joke post of my awesome kill on an on ramp of a Hyundai Accent - while I was driving my minivan - that never broke the posted speed limit.

But I also like to think of myself as Teddy Roosevelt behind the wheel, speak softly, but carry a big stick.

WTF is wrong with WRX STi owners? Seriously. What happens to a man's brain when they get behind the wheel of a WRX STi regardless of age.

This is my kill story.

So I'm driving to work. Nice sunny morning. I don't normally commute with the G8 but it was so nice and I now enjoy a reverse commute that is all highway so after getting a much needed car wash (I found a truly touchless car wash near by that I can use in a pinch, and it needed it bad) I proceed to a ramp further up than where I normally get on the highway.

As I start down the long on ramp the highway is wide open. There is an 18 wheeler in the right lane, and I can see as I head down the ramp a black, with black tinted windows, WRX STi. My plan is to accelerate normally pull between the huge gap between the two and merge at normal speed into the middle lane and drive to work.

So as I start speeding up down the ramp the WRX STi, where I had a 3/10 or 4/10 of a mile gap clearly is speeding up. So I give it more gas. He keeps speeding up.

By the bottom of the ramp I'm pushing 90 MPH now and I'll clearly rear end the 18 wheeler - the added speed is putting me not where I want to be, and he has actively sped up to prevent me from even merging on the highway - so I hit the brakes - and the truck goes by, the WRX STi goes by and I merge in behind him and take the middle lane. You think the story ends here? Oh no - we're just beginning.

So the dude in the WRX STi now slows down to get along side of me. So now there is no question in my mind, he actively, dangerously, cut me off on purpose.

He rolls the window down. I swear to God, no exaggeration, it is a balding overweight dude in his 50's. WTF?!?! What the fuck! What are you 17?!? I was expecting some wannabe gangsta with the baseball cap turned around, a white wife beater, and a cigarette hanging out of their mouth. Dude - you're ready to retire and you're doing this kind of ass hattery? Then he looks at me with a WTF look and shrugs his shoulders at me as if to say, "why did you merge on so close to my rear end like that?"

Wait - you sped up on purpose, cut me off, and now I GET THE WTF LOOK?!?!

Oh buddy. Suck on this.

There is no traffic in front of us, sans the 18 wheeler in the right lane that Mister Personality has dumbly put himself behind.

I plant the skinny pedal to the floor.

Naturally as with all WRX STi drivers his penis shrunk 50% when this happened inflicting great pain to his groin area. This pain can only be resolved by getting back in front of me.

He can't keep up. Oh I'm not walking him - this isn't one of those bullshit stories. But he can't keep up with me adding maybe 1 or 2 feet every second, that's it.

We get back up to about 90 and he loses his bravery. OK, phew, that was easy and a quick little blast. I keep the speed to put about 1/2 or 3/4 of a mile on him and then slow back down to my drive to work cruise speed of 66ish.

Guess who is back. Right on my bumper - drafting me like a feckin' NASCAR race. He goes to pass me on the right and I'm done. I'm cooked. I'm reached. I kind of sort of feign not paying attention and maybe I drift right over the line a bit blocking the lane. He clicks his headlights. Ya, that's productive.

Alright asshole you want to dance? You want to dance? Say hello to 394 of my little friends. Skinny pedal to floor and this time it is just ON.

Same routine again - but I guess Mister Small Penis didn't get the message the first time. His already shruken penis shrinks another 50% causing even greater pain. I'm now in a place I rarely get and my inner-Gandolph comes out...

YOU...SHALL...NOT...PASS!!!

It's just like before he can't keep up, he can't pass, but I'm not shaking him either. We come to a pocket of traffic in the left and middle lane - the right lane is open. I go right - this time using my HPD training and former racing skills. I feel bad inside, my brain is screaming how wrong this is and not to do this on the road. Some dude is a Prius sipping coffee and yacking on their cell phone could go into that right lane without even looking or paying attention and well...oh look...I guess he doesn't want to dance after all - all bravery gone at 130 MPH apparently.

Apparently it got too much for him. With his penis now sucked inside of his body - the WRX STi was defeated by a --- well he probably has no clue what it was as most people no longer identify my car as a G8 but as a pick your lion logoed car of choice (Peugeot, Jaguar, and every now and then a person knows Holden).

I don't know what the hell is wrong with WRX STi owners - I though Scion owners as a group where douches - but the WRX community is trying hard to take that title.

Anyway - it was a God damn right good kill.
    Last edited by Seattle09GT; 08-03-2014 at 11:54 AM.
    2009.1 Pontiac G8 GT
    White Hot w/ Onyx interior, Prem Package, Sport Package, Sunroof

SHOW: Holden badges, backup assist, & gauges, front clip shaved w/ painted lower grilles, clear bra, matte black hood scoops, 35% tint, auto dimming mirror, Homelink, bass bias mod, VG antenna, VIM, Bluetooth, spare w/ Pace jack kit, glovebox light, white fuse covers, Rotofab radiator cover, engine cover custom painted w/ SS trim, billet aluminum trim, SS hood liner, MGP caliper covers, Third Shift Studios plaque, JBL MS-8, JL amps, Morel and Focal speakers, 12" sub, Redline Goods armrest

GO: Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 91 tune, BP white catch can, modded lower grille, Solo axle backs; DBA 4000 series rotors; Russell SS brake lines; ATE Blue; Hawk ceramic pads, Camaro SS 20s 245/35F & 275/30R

0-60 MPH: 5.01 Seconds | 1/4 Mile: 13.354 Seconds @ 105.85 MPH | 279kW / 572Nm DynoJet uncorrected

2. Likes G8GHOST, icantdrive55 liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol good read. Love the Gandalf reference
    2008 GT - 2300 Maggie, Comp cam, ARH LTs, staggered Breyton GTS, 6spd Manual conversion DONE!!.
    From previous owner: 552 RWHP, 589 RWTQ; Tuned by Patrick G via EFI live Autocal

Post Thanks / Like

They drive a race inspired car, so naturally they are all race car drivers...

Good kill.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

liberalism is pro-retard MoonPie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it's all of them but I'm on the highway cruising in the left lane pacing traffic when I pass a white STi. He immediately zips by not letting off the gas. So I drop the hammer, reel him in and take it to 11 putting lengths on him. I slow down to exactly the speed limit and he doesn't even try to close the gap. He was a kid though.
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    black with black trackhawk wheels and loaded sans DVD player

6. Thanks G8GHOST thanked for this post
    Likes G8GHOST liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Great read. Gandalf and the shrunken penis had me dying.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory is there must be some WRX accessory that suction cups onto the drivers door lining & the 1" diameter hole in this rubber device must transmit a jerking motion whenever the car exceeds the speed limit. Maybe the small rubber fist can also be tuned to pulsate in time with the rumble from a 5" fart cannon attached to the rear of every WRX.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

9. Likes G8GHOST, icantdrive55, texn884 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Paul View Post
    a 5" fart cannon attached to the rear of every WRX.
    You kill me Paul. But honestly what is with this? Those things have pistons the size of my thumbs and they have tailpipes bigger than my F350 Powerstroke. Every one of them....
    09 GT PBM Base,6K HID's and relay harness, Homelink in visor, sport pedals, GXP rear valance, Pontiac trunk liner
    Infinity's in doors, Kickers on Deck powered by EXILE and 16OHM center spkr, 40' of dynamat, Weathertech floor liners
    20" Rial Porto's with 245R35 front and 275R30 rear Sumutimo HTRIII's and CTS-V Brembo calipers with DBA Rotors and SS lines.
    Pedders GSR struts with OEM height Sport Ryder Springs and SuperPro bushings. DOD deleted.
    Solo HFC's with Mach Balanced w/J pipes and resonators + 3.5" tips, Harrop Enhanced Performance with EPS custom cam
    Tuned by Patrick G. and cooled by B&M
    "Jack"
    winter 2015 mods....TBD

New DD 2013 Buick Regal GS, Diamond White, IPF Tuned...

Post Thanks / Like

Default What The Hell Is Wrong With WRX STi Owners?

Basically it boils down to effort, WRX STi has to do a lot more to achieve same result. Acceleration of both with similar bolt-ons, fuel and tune, is much more relaxed, less obviously racey in a G8 / SS:

0-62mph 4.8sec
    Last edited by pir4te; 08-03-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    Compression is King. Race-built VVT brawler hauler with Stingray tune.

Supernaturally as-pirated, all-alcohol, all-motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Versus the WRX boy racer hair-on-fire experience:

Compression is King. Race-built VVT brawler hauler with Stingray tune.

Supernaturally as-pirated, all-alcohol, all-motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pir4te View Post
    Versus the WRX boy racer hair-on-fire experience:

Could you maybe point the camera down at the door and catch a shot of that thingy CP was talking about??
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package